DUI Attorneys in WyomingSUMMARY: DUI Attorneys in Wyoming
If you've been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs (DUI) in Wyomingâ€”also known as driving while intoxicated (DWI)â€”you should consider hiring a DUI attorney. A lawyer can help you throughout your court process and make sure you meet all requirements so you don't incur additional penalties.
NOTE: The content of this website is intended solely for informational purposes. It is not a source of legal advice and should not be used as such.
This page will help you hire a DUI attorney in Wyoming.
When choosing a DUI attorney to represent you, keep the following tips in mind:
- Hire an attorney who comes recommended or has a lot of testimonials.
- Ask about fees and payment requirements up front.
- Pick someone who is experienced in Wyoming DUI cases.
- You want someone local who knows the ins and outs of WY law and courts.
- Try to find someone with experience in a similar case to yours.
- Contact multiple DUI attorneys before you make your final decision.
- Initial consultations are usually free of charge.
A good DUI attorney in Wyoming will be able to represent you for any type of DUI charge, such as:
- Driving with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.08% or more.
- The legal BAC levels are lower if you have a commercial driver's license (CDL) or if you're a minor.
- Refusing to submit to a BAC test.
In addition to negotiating with the WY court judge to get you the best outcome possible, your DUI attorney can answer any questions you may have, including:
- How should I pleadâ€”guilty or not guilty?
- What documents do I need to bring to court?
- How do I satisfy my court requirements?
- What penalties am I facing? Will I need to go to jail?
- Is my WY driver's license going to be suspended?
When you commit a DUI in WY, you will be penalized based on your age, driving record, and severity of your offense. Some penalties you may face include:
- A WY driver's license suspension or revocation.
- Community service.
- Completion of an alcohol abuse program.
- Installation of an ignition interlock device in your vehicle.
In additional to the above punishments, you will likely also need to pay:
- Driver's license reinstatement fees.
- Court costs.
- Heavy fines.
For more information, read our DUI & DWI in Wyoming page.Compare SR-22 Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:
Related ContentRecommended Articles