DUI Attorneys in Wyoming
If you've been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs (DUI) in Wyomingâ€”also known as driving while intoxicated (DWI)â€”you should consider hiring a DUI attorney. A lawyer can help you throughout your court process and make sure you meet all requirements so you don't incur additional penalties.
NOTE: The content of this website is intended solely for informational purposes. It is not a source of legal advice and should not be used as such.
This page will help you hire a DUI attorney in Wyoming.
When choosing a DUI attorney to represent you, keep the following tips in mind:
- Hire an attorney who comes recommended or has a lot of testimonials.
- Ask about fees and payment requirements up front.
- Pick someone who is experienced in Wyoming DUI cases.
- You want someone local who knows the ins and outs of WY law and courts.
- Try to find someone with experience in a similar case to yours.
- Contact multiple DUI attorneys before you make your final decision.
- Initial consultations are usually free of charge.
A good DUI attorney in Wyoming will be able to represent you for any type of DUI charge, such as:
- Driving with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.08% or more.
- The legal BAC levels are lower if you have a commercial driver's license (CDL) or if you're a minor.
- Refusing to submit to a BAC test.
In addition to negotiating with the WY court judge to get you the best outcome possible, your DUI attorney can answer any questions you may have, including:
- How should I pleadâ€”guilty or not guilty?
- What documents do I need to bring to court?
- How do I satisfy my court requirements?
- What penalties am I facing? Will I need to go to jail?
- Is my WY driver's license going to be suspended?
When you commit a DUI in WY, you will be penalized based on your age, driving record, and severity of your offense. Some penalties you may face include:
- A WY driver's license suspension or revocation.
- Community service.
- Completion of an alcohol abuse program.
- Installation of an ignition interlock device in your vehicle.
In additional to the above punishments, you will likely also need to pay:
- Driver's license reinstatement fees.
- Court costs.
- Heavy fines.
For more information, read our DUI & DWI in Wyoming page.
That's great! We would love to hear about your experience...
We are sorry you didn't find the information you were looking for. Please visit our Visitor Support page for answer to frequently asked questions, or to contact us directly.
Thank you for submitting your feedback!