Change of Address in Wyoming

SUMMARY: How to Change Your Address in Wyoming

Changing your address on your Wyoming driver's license/ID card records can be done in person, by mail, or by fax. Contact your local county clerk to change your name on your motor vehicle records. If you'd like updated documents showing your new name, you'll need to order replacements for a fee.

Continue reading this page to find out how to change your address with the Wyoming Department of Transportation (DOT).

WY Driver's License/ID Card Address

If you've changed your address in Wyoming, you must notify the DOT within 10 days. You will be able to update your driver record by mail, but if you'd like a replacement driver's license/ID card, you'll need to apply for a duplicate in person. (See our Replacing a Driver's License or Identification Cards pages for more information.)

To update your driver's license/ID record in Wyoming, complete the Notice of Change of Address (Form FSDL-753) and either:

  • Fax it to (307) 777-3823.
  • Mail it to:
  • Wyoming Department of Transportation
    Driver Services
    5300 Bishop Blvd
    Cheyenne, WY 82009
  • Take it in person to your local WY DOT office.
Just Moved?

Find all the information you need to finish your moving requirements with the DMV.

Vehicle Registration & Title Address Change

To change your address on your motor vehicle records and documents, contact your local Wyoming DOT office. The procedure may vary depending on your county.

NOTE: You may need to show proof of your new address.

If you'd like updated motor vehicle documents showing your new address, you'll need to order replacements. See our following pages for more information:

Fees to Change Your WY Address

If you'd like updated Wyoming DOT documents that show your new address, you will need to pay a fee:

  • Driver's license: $35.
  • Commercial driver's license (CDL): $40.
  • ID card: $10.
  • Registration or certificate of title: Contact your local WY county clerk.

For accepted payment methods, please contact the Wyoming DOT directly.

New to Wyoming?

If you've recently moved to Wyoming from another state, you have 1 year to transfer your out-of-state driver's license to the WY DOT, unless you have a driver's license from:

  • Georgia.
  • Massachusetts.
  • Michigan.
  • Tennessee.
  • Wisconsin.

If you hold a driver's license from any of the above states, or you have a CDL, you must obtain a WY driver's license/CDL once you've become a Wyoming resident.

For more information, please see our following pages:

Once you're a Wyoming resident, you'll also need to register any motor vehicles with the DOT that you've brought from out of state. See our Car Registration page for instructions.

Change Your Name

If you've changed your name, you'll need to update your driver and motor vehicle records in person at your local WY DOT office. You will need to show proof of your name change (e.g. court order, marriage certificate, divorce decree) and submit payment for replacement documents.

For more information, please see our Changing Your Name in Wyoming page.


Change of Address
Submit this form to confirm a change of address with the Wyoming DOT.
DMV.ORG BBB Business Review