For your convenience, the West Virginia Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) makes several driver and vehicle forms available online. You can download a number of these forms below using the free Adobe Reader.
If you can't find the form you're looking for, you may need to pick it up in person at your local DMV office. We also have the West Virginia driver's handbook and motorcycle manual if you're looking to prepare for a license test or just want to brush up on WV driver and vehicle regulations.
If you need further assistance locating or completing a form, call the WV Division of Motor Vehicles at (304) 558-3900.
Most Requested Forms
- Application for Certificate of Title for a Motor Vehicle
- Apply for a West Virginia vehicle title through the Division of Motor Vehicles.
- Application for a Drivers License or Photo ID Card
- West Virginia DMV application for an original, duplicate, OR renewed learner's permit, driver's license, motorcycle license, OR state identification card.
- Application for a Social Security Card
- Apply for a new, corrected, OR duplicate Social Security card.
- Change of Address
- Notify the WV Division of Motor Vehicles of an address change so your driver and vehicle records can be updated accordingly.
- Registration Renewal Notice
- Renew your car registration with the West Virginia DMV.
- Voter Registration Application
- Register to vote in the state of West Virginia.
Driver's License & ID Forms
- 50-Hour Certification Log for Drivers License Applicants Under Age 18
- West Virginia driver's license applicants under 18 years old use this form to log the amount of practice driving hours completed.
Title & Registration Forms
- Affidavit of Duplicate Title for a Vehicle or Watercraft
- Request a replacement boat OR vehicle title from the WV Division of Motor Vehicles.
- Application for Boat Renewal, Duplicate Decal, Duplicate Registration, and Change of Address
- Application for a renewed OR duplicate boat registration, duplicate boat decals, OR a change of address to be reflected on your boat records with the DMV.
- Application for Certificate of Title for Leased Motor Vehicle
- Division of Motor Vehicles application to title a leased vehicle.
- Application for a Certicate of Title for a Motorboat
- Application to title your motorboat with the WV Division of Motor Vehicles.
- Legal Heir Affidavit
- Submit to the WV DMV if you're inheriting a vehicle from a deceased person as proof of rightful ownership. Must be notarized and accompanied by a death certificate.
- Request for a Replacement Registration Card, License Plate Decal, or License Plate
- Request a replacement registration card, license plate decal, OR license plates from the Division of Motor Vehicles.
- Verification of Vehicle Identification No
- Submit to the West Virginia DMV if your vehicle required a VIN verification for title and registration purposes. Must be completed by a law enforcement officer.
Buying & Selling Forms
- Adavit of Transfer of Ownership Without Consideration
- Use this form when transferring ownership of a vehicle as a gift (i.e. without compensation) in WV. Must be notarized.
- Bill of Sale
- Form used as a proof of sale when transferring ownership of a vehicle in WV.
- Odometer Certification
- Use this form to disclose the number of miles on a vehicle you're selling in West Virginia. Must be notarized.
- Sold Vehicle or Watercraft Notice
- Release yourself from liability for a vehicle or watercraft you sold in West Virginia.
Ticket & Violations Forms
- Petition for Appeal of Bench Trial
- Request to appeal a conviction you received in WV traffic court at a bench trial.
- Petition for Appeal of Jury Verdict
- Request to appeal a conviction you received as a result of a jury's verdict in WV.
- REV 2016
- Written Objection and Hearing Request
- Submit this form to the WV Office of Administrative Hearings to officially challenge the revocation or suspension of your driver's license, the results of a chemical or sobriety test, or another offense related to a traffic violation.
- Certificate of Insurance
- Certificate verifying you have car insurance for registration purposes. Not available online. Must be obtained from your insurance provider.
- Owner's Statement of Insurance
- Complete this DMV form stating you have the proper car insurance for WV registration.
- Application for Commercial Drivers License and/or Endorsements
- Apply for an original, transferred, renewed, upgraded, OR duplicate WV commercial driver's license. Can also be used to apply for a commercial instruction permit.
- Commercial Driver Licensee Medical Self-Certification Affidavit
- Commercial driver's license applicants use this form to self-certify as an excepted OR non-excepted interstate OR intrastate driver.
- Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination
- Description Submit this full medical exam report to the Division of Motor Vehicles when applying for a WV CDL. Must be completed by a doctor.
- Medical Examiners Certificate
- Commercial drivers with certain classes of CDL must complete and carry this medical certificate. Certificate must be completed by a doctor.
- Application for Military Skills Test Waiver
- Request a CDL skills test waiver if you recently drove a commercial vehicle in the military. Must be signed by your commanding officer.
- Application for a Disabled Veteran License Plate
- Apply for WV Disabled American Veteran license plates with the DMV.
- West Virginia Absentee Ballot Application for UOCAVA Voters
- Active members of the military and their families use this form to register to vote if currently stationed outside the U.S.
- Parking Application for a Mobility Impaired Person
- Apply for Mobility Impaired license plates or placards with the West Virginia Division of Motor Vehicles. Form must be completed by a doctor.
Voter Registration Forms
- A2 SOS
- Application to Vote by Mail
- Register to vote by mail in West Virginia elections.
- Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request Federal Post Card Application
- Order an absentee ballot AND/OR register to vote if you're a U.S. citizen currently living out-of-country.