Dealer Forms in West Virginia
Unfortunately, not many forms are available online for dealer applicants in West Virginia. Some forms and applications must be requested from the West Virginia Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV), Office of Dealer Services.
Before you apply to become a dealer in West Virginia, it's important to request a detailed brochure outlining the requirements by mail at:
- Dealer Services
- P.O. Box 17100
- Charleston, WV 25317
- (304) 926-0705
Once you determine whether or not you meet the requirements to become a dealer, you must contact Dealer Services again to request application documents and schedule a time for pre-inspection.
Upon pre-inspection, the inspector will deliver directly to you an application package. Documents you will need to complete the package include proof of insurance, a valid WV business license, and possibly a garage and/or franchise agreement.
Once you become a licensed dealer in West Virginia, there will be several forms you'll need to keep handy. Among that list are:
- Certificate of Title (Form DMV-1-TR).
- Bill of Sale (Form DMV-7-TR).
- (Form DMV-TM-1).
For more detailed information, visit our dealer licensing and dealer information sections.
- Bill of Sale
- Form used as a proof of sale when transferring ownership of a vehicle in WV.
- Application for Certificate of Title for a Motor Vehicle
- Apply for a West Virginia vehicle title through the Division of Motor Vehicles.
- Odometer Certification
- Use this form to disclose the number of miles on a vehicle you're selling in West Virginia. Must be notarized.