DOT Forms in Wisconsin

The Wisconsin Department of Transportation's (DOT) Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) provides a number of driver and vehicle-related forms online. Below, you'll find some popular DMV forms available for download

If you can't find the form you need or have questions about filling one out, visit your local Wisconsin DMV agency OR call (608) 264-7447 for assistance.

If you're looking for manuals, head over to our pages with the WI motorcycle handbook and/or driver manuals

NOTE: In order to access the forms below, you'll need the free Adobe Reader.

Most Requested Forms

Address Change Notice
Notify the WI Division of Motor Vehicles of a change in address, to be reflected on your driver's license or identification card.
Application for a Social Security Card
Apply for an original, duplicate, OR corrected Social Security card.
Driver License Application
DMV application for any class of an original, renewed, OR replacement Wisconsin driver's license OR instruction permit.
Identification Card Application
Apply for a WI identification card with the Division of Motor Vehicles.
Revised Application for Voter Registration
Register to vote in Wisconsin OR notify your local voting board of a change in name or address.

Driver's License & ID Forms

Certificate of Vision Examination by Competent Authority
The Wisconsin DMV's mandatory vision exam form for Class D, Class M, OR commercial driver's license. Must be completed by a medical professional.
Driver Condition or Behavior Report
Submit this form if you believe the Division of Motor Vehicles should reevaluate the driving privileges of someone with a condition impairing their safe driving abilities. Must be completed by a doctor.
Graduated Driver Licensing Supervised Driving Log
The Wisconsin DMV provides this log for you to track the required number of supervised driving hours a graduated driver's license applicant must complete.

Title & Registration Forms

Aircraft Registration or Exemption
Register OR file for exemption from registering an aircraft with the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
All Terrain or Utility Terrain Vehicle Registration Application
Request an original, replacement, OR renewed registration for your ATV OR UTV with the WI Department of Natural Resources.
Boat Registration and Titling Application
Apply for an original, replacement, OR renewed boat registration AND/OR an original OR duplicate boat title with the Wisconsin DNR.
Confirmation of Security
The WI Division of Motor Vehicles will send this form to all secondary lienholders when you apply for a paper vehicle title. Not available online.
Duplicate Certificate of Registration Application
Request a duplicate Wisconsin registration certificate from the DMV.
License Plate/Registration Refund Request
If eligible, use this form to request a refund for registration fees from the WI Division of Motor Vehicles.
Permission to Pick Up Title
Allows the Wisconsin DOT to release an original OR duplicate vehicle title to someone other than the car's registered owner.
Personalized License Plate Information and Application
Apply for personalized WI license plates with the Division of Motor Vehicles. Form can also be used to transfer personalized plates to someone else.
Replacement License Plate Information and Application
Request replacement license plates from the Wisconsin Division of Motor Vehicles.
Replacement Title Application
Request a replacement vehicle title from the WI DMV.
Snowmobile Application
Department of Natural Resources application for an original, renewal, OR duplicate Wisconsin snowmobile registration.
Statement of Intent
Submit this form when requesting a corrected vehicle title from the Wisconsin DMV.
Statement of Transfer of Vehicles to a Surviving Spouse/Domestic Partner/Heir
Use this WI DMV form to transfer ownership of a vehicle, once belonging to a now-deceased person, to their surviving spouse, domestic partner, OR heir.
Substitute Renewal Notice/Non Operation Statement
Use as a replacement registration renewal notice if you lost or did not receive one from the WI Division of Motor Vehicles. Can also be used to claim non-operation of a vehicle and exemption from registration renewal fees.
Temporary Exemption Application
If your vehicle qualifies, use this form to file for exemption from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation's emissions inspection requirement.
Title/License Plate Application
DMV application for an original Wisconsin title AND/OR registration.

Buying & Selling Forms

Instructions for Selling a Vehicle
The DMV’s checklist of items to complete AND record of information pertaining to the sale of a vehicle in Wisconsin.

Ticket & Violations Forms

Driver Report of Accident
Report an accident from the previous year to the WI Division of Motor Vehicles IF there was a significant amount of damage to property AND/OR someone was injured. Not required if law enforcement already filed a report.

Insurance Forms

OCI 51-005
Insurance Complaint
File an insurance-related complaint with the WI Office of the Commissioner of Insurance.
Self insurance Certificate Application
Apply for a WI certificate of self insurance if you own the required number of vehicles and have the financial means to cover all insurance-related claims.

Commercial Forms

Medical Examination Certificate
If you're a non-excepted commercial driver, you must carry this medical certificate with your Wisconsin CDL. Must be completed by a doctor.
Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination
General physical exam form required when applying for a WI commercial driver's license. Must be completed by a medical professional.
Physical Examination Report
Medical examination required to add a “S” (school bus) OR “P” (passenger) endorsement to your WI commercial driver's license. Must be completed by a medical professional.

Military Forms

Military License Plate Application
DMV application for WI military license plates. Must provide proof of previous OR current military enrollment.

Disability Forms

Disabled Parking License Plates Information and Application
Application for Wisconsin disabled license plates. The DMV requires your doctor to complete form.
Permanent Disabled Parking Identification Permit Information and Application
Apply for a permanent WI disabled parking permit through the Division of Motor Vehicles. Must be completed by your doctor.
Temporary Disabled Parking Identification Permit
Apply for a temporary disabled parking permit from the Wisconsin DMV. Must be signed by a medical professional.
U.S. Disabled Veteran Parking License Plates Information and Application
Apply for disabled veteran license plates through the WI Division of Motor Vehicles. Must be signed by a doctor at a veteran's medical facility.

Voter Registration Forms

Application for Absentee Ballot
Request an absentee ballot to vote in Wisconsin if you're currently living out-of-country. You must already be registered to vote in WI.
DMV Administrator Petition
Apply for a free identification card for the sole purpose of voting in Wisconsin if you don't have another form of photo ID. Must provide proof of identity and residency with this DMV form.
Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request Federal Post Card Application
If you're a U.S. citizen living out of your voting jurisdiction, use this form to register to vote AND/OR request an absentee ballot.
DMV.ORG BBB Business Review