The District of Columbia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) provides many vehicle and driver forms online; see the list below that you can download* and fill out at home.
For any forms you can't find on the list, you can drop in at your local DC DMV office to pick them up in person. Also, don't forget to check out our pages with the D.C. driver's manual and motorcycle handbook.
If you need any assistance finding or filling out your forms, contact the DMV at (202) 737-4404.
*NOTE: You'll need Adobe's free Reader software to access the forms below.
Most Requested Forms
- Application for a Social Security Card
- Apply for an original, replacement, OR corrected Social Security card.
- Certificate of Title/Temporary Tag Application
- Title and register your vehicle with the Washington D.C. DMV.
- Drivers License or Identification Card Application
- Apply for a driver's license or identification card from the Washington D.C. DMV. You can also use this form to register to vote.
Driver's License & ID Forms
- DC DMV-6MR-001
- 6-Month Residency Certification For Limited Purpose Credential
- This form is used to establish Washington, D.C. residency when applying for a limited-purpose ID card or driver's license.
- Certificate for Eligibility for Provisional License
- Use this form to certify you are eligible to obtain a provisional license. MUST be signed by your driving tutor.
- Certification of Eligibility for Full License with Conditions
- Use this form to certify you are eligible to obtain a full driver's license. MUST be signed by your driving tutor.
- Parental Consent Form to Obtain a Learner Permit
- Use this form to provide consent for your child to obtain a learner permit.
- Reinstatement Hearing Application
- Apply to have your Washington D.C. driver's license reinstated after it was revoked or suspended.
Title & Registration Forms
- PD 330
- Application for Boat Certificate of Title/Registration Number
- Title and register your boat in Washington, D.C. MUST be notarized.
- Excise Tax Gift Exemption
- Use this form to transfer ownership of a vehicle to a family member in Washington D.C. and exemption from excise tax.
- Organizational Vehicle Tags
- Use this form to apply for specialty vehicle tags for your D.C.-based nonprofit.
- Personalized Tags Application
- Apply for personalized tags for your vehicle or motorcycle from the D.C. DMV.
Ticket & Violations Forms
- DMV-ADS 003
- Appeals Application
- Use this form to appeal a traffic or parking ticket AFTER you have been denied a reconsideration by a D.C. DMV hearing examiner.
- Ignition Interlock Program Application
- Apply for an ignition interlock device after you've been convicted of a DUI.
- Mail Adjudication Hearing
- Request a hearing to contest a parking violation or photo enforcement violation with the Washington D.C. DMV.
- Power of Attorney
- This form designates and rescinds power of attorney to someone besides yourself who will represent you in a D.C. DMV hearing.
- Request for Reconsideration
- Submit this form to the D.C. DMV within 30 days of receiving a parking ticket, moving violation, or photo enforcement citation to request a reconsideration of the violation.
- CDL-ST WVR
- Application for Military Skills Test Waiver
- Request to have the CDL skills test waived if you recently drove a commercial vehicle in the military. MUST be completed by your commanding officer.
- Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination
- All DC commercial driver's license applicants must undergo a medical exam
- Disability Parking Placard and/or Tags Application
- Request original, replacement, renewal, permanent, OR temporary disabled parking permits OR license plates from the Washington D.C. DMV. Medical section MUST be completed by a licensed physician.
- DMV-ODPPA -01
- One-week Disability Parking Placard Application
- Apply for a 1-week disability parking placard from the D.C. DMV if you have a short-term disability OR your vehicle with permanent disability plates is being repaired.
Voter Registration Forms
- Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request Federal Post Card Application
- If you're a U.S. citizen currently living outside the country, use this form to register to vote AND/OR request an absentee voting ballot.