DUI Attorneys in Washington DC
A Washington, D.C. attorney can help you if you're charged with driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol or drugs (also called a DWI). Hiring a DUI attorney who knows the local WA, D.C. laws and court system can help to reduce your penalties and fines associated with your charge.
NOTE: The content of this website is intended solely for informational purposes. It is not a source of legal advice and should not be used as such.
This page will help you hire a DUI attorney in Washington, D.C.
Hiring a DUI Attorney in WA, D.C.
If you need to hire a Washington, D.C. DUI attorney, keep these following tips in mind:
- Pick a lawyer with experience in DUI cases.
- Stick to a local Washington, D.C. lawyer. DUI laws may vary from state to state, so make sure you hire someone who knows local laws and court processes.
- Seek recommendations from people you know.
- Consult multiple DUI attorneys before making your final decision. Attorneys will usually give you a free consultation.
- Make sure you can afford your DUI attorney's rates. Be certain to understand payment requirements, including whether you must pay a retainer.
Try to hire a DUI attorney that has had experience with a case similar to yours. Whether you were charged for driving with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) over the legal limit, or you refused a BAC test, make sure you've hired the right DUI attorney.
How a DUI Attorney Can Help
Hiring a WA, D.C. DUI attorney can help you to minimize your penalties and fines when charged with a DUI. A lawyer can also:
- Represent you in court.
- Explain your charge to you and determine how you should plead.
- Help you through your court process.
- Complete and submit all required WA, D.C. court documents.
NOTE: DUI attorneys cannot guarantee any specific outcomes.
Penalties for a Washington, D.C. DUI
A DUI attorney can negotiate your charges and penalties with the WA, D.C. court judge. Some penalties you may face include:
- A suspension of your Washington, D.C. driver's license.
- Completion of an alcohol treatment program.
- Heavy fines.
- Installation of an ignition interlock device in your vehicle.
You will also need to pay significant fines, court costs, and fees to reinstate your WA, D.C. driver's license.
For more information, visit our Washington, D.C. DUI page.
Need SR-22 Insurance?
Get the cheapest SR-22 Insurance rate comparing multiple providers.Call (315) 804-6915 for a Quote