Replacing a Lost CDL in Vermont

For a nominal fee, you can get your new registration sticker with next day delivery. Learn more below.

Licensed by the
California DMV
California DMV
Online Registration Online Registration
Same Day Processing Same Day Processing
E-copy of Registration E-copy of Registration
Alternate Mailing Address Alternate Mailing Address
Phone Support Phone Support
$29 Convenience Fee Learn more below

Start Your CaReg Expedited Registration Renewal

The Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) requires you to apply for a duplicate commercial driver's license in person; however, the state MIGHT make an exception if you're currently out of state. If you're out of state with your commercial truck or any other commercial vehicle, DO NOT operate it until you find out if you can get a replacement before you return.

Because identity thieves can use your CDL for fraud, consider reporting your lost CDL to authorities as soon as you realize it's missing.

How to Get a Replacement CDL in VT

The VT DMV states commercial drivers must apply for duplicate licenses in person at a VT DMV office.

Before you head to the office, be prepared with:

After you meet all requirements, the DMV representative will instruct you regarding when you'll receive your replacement CDL.

Duplicate CDL for Out-of-State Drivers

As mentioned above, the VT DMV requires commercial drivers to apply for duplicates in person; however, if you're out of state with your commercial vehicle the DMV MIGHT give you another option.

Contact your local VT DMV office for details. BBB Business Review

Number of Organ Donors who registered through