DMV Forms in Vermont
You'll find many Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) forms available for download below; make sure you have Adobe's free Reader software installed so you can access the forms. If you can't find the form you need, remember that you can pick up any DMV form at a DMV office location and in some instances, at your town clerk's office.
If you're looking for manuals, head over to our pages on the VT driver's handbook and motorcycle manual.
If you need assistance with finding or filling out a form, you can contact the VT Department of Motor Vehicles at (802) 828-2000.
Most Requested Forms
- Application for License/Permit
- Apply for your Vermont driver's license, permit, or ID card. If applicant is a minor, the parent or legal guardian MUST sign the form.
- Application for a Social Security Card
- Application for a Social Security card. Completed form must be submitted to a Social Security office.
- Bill of Sale and Odometer Disclosure Statement
- Complete and submit this form to the Vermont DMV after the private sale of a vehicle. The buyer MUST sign the salvage section if the vehicle is salvaged or has been totalled.
- Disabled Parking Placard Application
- Use this form to request a new or replacement Vermont disabled parking placard.
- Enhanced License/ID Application
- Information for an enhanced Vermont driver's license.
- Registration Tax and Title Application
- Use this form to register and title your vehicle with the Vermont DMV.
- Temporary Disabled Parking Placard and Medical
- Use this form to request a VT temporary disabled parking placard. MUST be completed by a medical professional.
Driver's License & ID Forms
- Driving Practice Log Sheet
- Use this form to log your driving hours before applying for a driver's license. MUST be signed by your parent or guardian.
Title & Registration Forms
- Application Motorboat Registration
- Submit this form to the Vermont DMV to register, title, transfer, or renew the registration of your motorboat.
- Application for Assignment of VIN/HIN
- Use this form to request a vehicle identification number for a rebuilt, home-built, or salvaged VT vehicle. MUST include bills of sale for parts, and photos of the build.
- Application for Motorboat Registration
- Corrected or Replacement Registration
- Use this form to request a duplicate registration OR a corrected registration from the VT DMV.
- Duplicate Title Application
- Use this form to apply for a duplicate vehicle title with the Vermont DMV.
- Gift Tax Exemption
- Use this form to apply for a gift tax exemption when transferring a vehicle from one person to another without charge.
- Rebuilt/Salvage Title Application
- Apply for a Vermont title for a rebuilt or salvaged vehicle or watercraft.
- Release of Lien
- Submit this form to the VT DMV, along with the indicated fee, to release a lien from a vehicle you own.
- Replacement Plate Application
- The Vermont DMV requires that you submit this form, along with the indicated fee, to replace your lost, stolen, faded, or damaged license plates.
- Request for Personal Delivery of Title
- Submit this form in person at the Montpelier DMV office to receive a vehicle title. ALL lien holders must sign off on the request.
- Snowmobile Registration/Title Application
- Submit this form to the VT DMV in order to title and register a snowmobile.
- Special Vanity Plate Application
- Apply for specialized vanity plates with this Vermont DMV form.
Buying & Selling Forms
- Use Tax Return
- Report the sales tax paid on a vehicle or boat purchased in Vermont.
Ticket & Violations Forms
- Docketing Statement
- Complete this form to file an appeal after a traffic conviction in VT.
- Notice of Appeal
- Use this form to appeal a ticket or violation in Vermont.
- Request for Extension of Time to Pay
- Use this form to request more time to pay a violation or ticket in Vermont.
- Report of A Motor Vehicle Crash
- Complete and submit this form after any crash involving multiple vehicles.
- Application for Commercial License/Permit
- Application to the Vermont Division of Motor Vehicles for a CDL.
- Application for Military Skills Test Waiver
- If you recently drove a commercial vehicle in the military, use this form to waive the Vermont CDL skills test. MUST be signed by your commanding officer.
- CDL Medical Certification
- Submit this form to confirm your medical certification with the Vermont DMV for an interstate OR intrastate CDL.
- Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination
- Submit this medical certification form to the Vermont DMV when applying for a commercial driver's license. Must be completed by a medical professional.
- Universal Medical Evaluation/Progress Report
- A medical professional MUST sign this form if you are applying for a disabled parking placard OR a special Vermont driver's as required.
Voter Registration Forms
- Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request Federal Post Card Application
- File this form to register to vote in Vermont OR to request an absentee ballot.