Replacing a Lost CDL in Utah
Pass Your CDL Written Exam with DMV Cheatsheets!
Get answers, save time and pass your CDL exam test the first time around. DMV Cheat Sheets advantages:
- Use Your Computer, Tablet or Mobile Phone
- Study When and Where You Want
- 24/7 Online Access
- Simply print and pass or your money back guaranteed
Get Your Test Answers Now!
Typically, you must apply for a replacement commercial driver's license in person with the Department of Public Safety's (DPS) Driver License Division (DLD). The UT DLD MIGHT make exceptions if you're currently out of state, but DO NOT operate your commercial truck or any commercial vehicle until you have an official document from the DLD.
Consider reporting your lost CDL to local and state authorities to fight against identity fraud.
Get a Duplicate CDL in Utah
- Present the completed application (Form DLD6a).
- You can complete this at home or obtain one at the office.
- Provide documents proving identity, legal status, and residency.
- No faxes or photocopies.
- Provide your CDL Medical Examiner's Certificate (Form MCSA-5876).
- Pass the eye exam.
- Answer a medical questionnaire.
- Have your photo taken.
- Pay the $18 fee.
Once you've completed all requirements, you'll receive a temporary duplicate license. The DLD will later mail your permanent replacement CDL.
UT Out-of-State Commercial Drivers
As mentioned above, generally the UT DLD only accepts replacement CDL applications in person; this isn't ideal for out-of-state commercial drivers—especially those who are currently working (i.e. driving a commercial truck or other commercial vehicle).
Contact your driver license location for information on how to proceed if you're currently out of state.