DMV Practice Tests in Utah
|Driver Permit Test Packages||Basic||Complete||Plus||Sample Test|
|Package Price||$9.99||$14.99||$24.99||Free with
|Number of Questions||50||100||100||25|
|100% Online Practice Test||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|State Driver Preparation Course||x||x||✔||x|
|Start Test||Start Test||Start Test||Register|
DMV Cheat Sheet - Time Saver
Passing the Utah written exam has never been easier. It's like having the answers before you take the test.
- Computer, tablet, or iPhone
- Just print and go to the DLD
- Driver's license, motorcycle, and CDL
- 100% money back guarantee
If you're getting ready to take the Utah Driver License Division (DLD) written test, you may want to try passing an online DMV practice test first. Whether you're a teenager or adult, or applying for your motorcycle license or commercial driver's license (CDL), you'll find a practice test suited to your needs.
Continue reading this page to learn about Utah DMV practice tests.
Reasons to Take a DMV Practice Test
Even if you've read the Utah Driver Handbook from cover to cover, you may need to test your knowledge of Utah traffic laws and road signs before taking your driver's license exam. Benefits of a DMV practice test include:
- Additional educational material for the written exam.
- Being able to preview a very similar testing format to the actual Utah written test.
- Extra practice with questions that may show up on the actual test.
Types of DMV Practice Tests in UT
There are various types of written tests in Utah for each specific type of driver's license offered. Practice tests are available for each different type of license, such as a:
- Learner's permit.
- Regular UT driver's license.
- Also offered in Spanish (examen de practica para la licencia).
- Motorcycle license.
- Commercial driver's license (CDL) practice test.
These online DMV practice tests contain either 50 or 100 questions depending on which package you pick.
Your UT DMV written test will contain questions about traffic signs and their meanings. Test your knowledge beforehand with a FREE Road Signs practice test!
Other DMV Study Resources in Utah
You'll need to read the UT Driver Manual to prepare for your practice test and Utah DLD written exam. There are also other educational resources to help you learn about traffic laws and safe-driving tips:
- The Driver Prep Course is perfect whether you're a new or experienced driver, if you prefer learning with visual aides and multimedia.
- DMV study guides contain Utah DMV practice questions about traffic laws and road signs (answers included).
Sample DMV Practice Test Questions
Taking an online Utah DMV practice test is an effective way to determine how ready you are for the actual written exam. Before you take a full practice test, take a look at the following sample DMV practice test questions:
Sample Question # 1
Use your lights when conditions prevent you from seeing the following distance ahead:
a) 200 feet.
b) 300 feet.
c) 500 feet.
d) 1,000 feet.
Sample Question #2
What are the maximum speed limits on Utah freeways?
a) 45 MPH or 55 MPH.
b) 50 MPH or 60 MPH.
c) 55 MPH or 70 MPH.
d) 65 MPH or 75 MPH.
Sample Question #3
In Utah, a learner's permit allows you to drive with:
a) A licensed parent or legal guardian, driver's education instructor, or the adult who signed for financial responsibility.
b) Any licensed driver.
c) Only a licensed driver's education instructor.
d) Any driver who is older than 21 years old.
About the Utah DMV Written Exam
The Utah DMV written test consists of 25 questions. The UT DMV may require you to retake the test if:
- You've had more than 4 citations within 5 years.
- You had a driver's license suspension or revocation.
- Your UT driver's license has been expired for more than 6 months.
For more detailed instructions on how to apply for a UT learner's permit or driver's license, visit the following pages:
- Applying for a Driver's License (Teens)
- Applying for an Adult Driver's License
- Applying for a Utah CDL
- Motorcycle Licenses