Online Services in Utah
Taking care of driver- or vehicle-related business doesn't always mean a trip to a UT state office. Check out the long list of online options that Utah residents can complete from home.
Typically, driver's license services are handled through the UT Driver License Division of the Utah Department of Public Safety. Most vehicle services are covered by the Utah Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
Utah Online Vehicle Services
Before hitting the road, make sure your vehicle has all the correct paperwork, and it's all up-to-date. Luckily, there are a number of programs you can access through both the Utah DMV online services and private companies to help you manage the documents.
- Renew your vehicle registration.
- Renew your boat registration.
- Sign up for registration renewal reminders.
- Search vehicle titles.
- Report a sold vehicle.
- Auto insurance.
- You can't leave home without it—unless you plan on walking. Auto insurance is compulsory in America, and you can only purchase it through private businesses. But the process can be quickly and easily performed online.
- Motorcycle insurance.
- Riding a motorcycle doesn't exclude you from needing insurance. Find the perfect policy for you from your computer.
- Vehicle history report and VIN check for:
- A type of insurance policy in its own right, a vehicle history report helps ensure you're not buying a lemon disguised as a great deal. Before making the vehicle part of your future, make sure to check out its past.
License & Personal Records Services
Of course, vehicles aren't the only ones requiring paperwork to drive. You'll need some of your own, and in order to get it, you will likely need to produce personal records. The Utah DLD, as well as other government offices, can help on the state side with its online services portal, and you also have plenty of private vendor options.
- Driving records.
- Going through an experienced private business can put these records in your hands quickly and easily.
- Identity theft.
- While you can report identity theft that has already happened to the UT government, using a private company can help you proactively protect your information.
- Name change.
- Having the right name on your documents is critical, and using an outside vendor is another chance to leapfrog long wait times.
- Background check.
- You can't get this service through the state, so using an experienced business gives you the added assurance that your report will be as complete as possible.
- Criminal record check.
- Even going through the state, the process can get complicated. Using a private company will ensure the service is done well and done right.
- Court records.
- Court records are also notoriously difficult to collect, even when using a state agency. Hire a business with years of know-how to make sure all your i's are dotted and t's crossed.
- Public records.
- Just because they're public doesn't mean they're easy to track down. An outside company can gather your information in one fell swoop.
- Vital records.
- Birth records.
- Death records.
- Divorce records.
- Marriage records.
- City Hall, where all these records are typically stored, is often the busiest locale for governments. A third-party vendor can help you avoid long wait times.
- International driver's permit.
- Planning an overseas trip is already a complicated, detail-heavy process. Give yourself one less thing to worry about by having a private company take care of this process.
Driver's Ed in Utah
You can't go through government agencies to take these courses, but there are plenty of them offered by private companies in Utah. Benefits from driving courses range from saving you money and time—by passing your tests on the first try—to saving your life, by learning to avoid accidents.
Check out the list below the see the many different Driver's Ed services offered in the state.
- Teen online driver's education course.
- Study guides for driver's permit and license exams:
- Adult driver prep course.
- Commercial driver licensing tools:
- Motorcycle licensing tools:
- Mature driving course.
- Boater education.
UT Miscellaneous ServicesThere are plenty of other ways you can utilize the DMV, the DLD, or car service-related outside businesses. Check out below for your full list of options.
- Schedule driver's license appointment.
- Find an accident report.
- Browse a car dealer directory.
- Register to vote.
- Register as an organ donor.
- Sign up for Utah's vehicle anti-theft program.
- Order personalized plates.
- Hire a DUI attorney.
- The situation is already anxiety-ridden. Don't give yourself any more stress than you have to. Finding a competent lawyer can help ensure you have the best—and fairest—possible way to navigate your case.
- Passport expedition.
- Need to leave the country soon? Get out as fast as possible with the help of a third party who will look out only for you.