Dealer Forms in Utah

Dealer forms are available in person, by mail, or online at the Motor Vehicle Enforcement Division (MVED) of the Utah State Tax Commission. Since the MVED is not set up to receive forms electronically, forms must be submitted in person or by mail to:

  • Motor Vehicle Enforcement Division
  • 210 N. 1950 W.
  • Salt Lake City, UT 84134(for express mail use the zip code 84116)
  • (801) 297-2600
  • E-mail:

Forms for Getting Your Dealer's License

Fill out the Bonded Motor Vehicle Business Application(Form TC-301) to apply for a motor vehicle dealer's license.

The form describes the steps you need to take to fill out the application form and other requirements for obtaining a motor vehicle dealer license in Utah.

Along with the standard FBI fingerprint card, which you can get from either the MVED or your local police department (you'll need to go to your police department to actually take the fingerprints), you will be asked to provide a Waiver (Form TC-465) authorizing the police agency to release any criminal information about you to the MVED.

The Bond of Motor Vehicle Dealer, Crusher, or Body Shop (Form TC-450) shows the MVED that your dealership is bonded as required.

Submit the Application for Special Plates and Decals (Form TC-142) with your application to receive dealer license plates when you first get your dealer's license.

Utah State Tax and Business Registration (Form TC-69) is required as part of your application for a dealer's license. In most cases, you can also register your business online.

The Motor Vehicle Salesperson Application (TC-303) should be filled out by all salespeople working for your dealership.

Forms for After You're Licensed

All the forms that you might need once you become a licensed motor vehicle dealer are available from the main forms page. The list is extensive, but below are the forms you will most commonly use during the course of running a dealership.

When you sell a new or used vehicle, you need to disclose in writing how the sale is to be financed. Your purchase agreements must all contain the approved language.

You'll need to provide a temporary permit with any automobile, trailer, or motorcycle you sell so the buyer can drive the vehicle while waiting for permanent license plates. You can buy a pad of 25 temporary permits for $304 by filling out Application for Motor Vehicle Temporary Permits (Form TC-756). You can also purchase temporary permits online at the MVED website.

If you sell a vehicle in Utah that was originally manufactured to be sold outside the United States, both you and the buyer must complete Notice to Buyer of Vehicle Initially Delivered for Sale in a Country Other Than the United States (Form TC-353).

Once your business is up and running, provide a Monthly Report of Sale (Form TC-928) to the Utah MVED.

For more information, see Licensing Requirements and Dealer-related Information on this site.


Bill of Sale
Use the Division of Motor Vehicles' bill of sale as a proof of purchase after transferring ownership of a vehicle in UT.
Vehicle Application for Utah Title
Apply for an original, replacement, transferred, OR branded Utah title with this Division of Motor Vehicles form.
Notice to Buyer of Vehicle Initially Delivered for Sale Country Other Than US
Provide this DMV form to a vehicle buyer if the car was originally bought/sold in a foreign country.
Odometer Disclosure Statement
Use this Division of Motor Vehicles form to disclose the mileage on a car you're selling in Utah.
DMV.ORG BBB Business Review