DPS & DMV Forms in Texas
Many of the TX Department of Motor Vehicles' (DMV) and Texas Department of Public Safety's (DPS) vehicle and driver forms (respectively) are available online. Keep in mind, some forms are only available at your local DMV or DPS office.
If you can't find the form you need or have questions about filling out a form, contact the:
- Texas DMV: (888) 368-4689.
- TX DPS: (512) 424-2000.
NOTE: If the form files are in PDF format, you will need Adobe Reader installed on your computer.
Most Requested Forms
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad
- Proof of identity document for U.S. citizens born abroad. Must request from the U.S. Department of State. Not available online.
- Permanent Resident Card
- Form used in conjunction with your visa to establish temporary OR permanent residence in the U.S. Only available from the United States Citizen and Immigration Services. Not available online.
- Temporary Resident Identification Card
- I-179 or I-197
- U.S. Citizen Identification Card
Driver's License & ID Forms
- Behind-the-Wheel Instruction Driver Education Affidavit
- Submit this form to the TX Department of Public Safety after completing parent-taught driver education. Contact DPS to obtain the form. Not available online.
- Driver Education Certificate
- Submit this certificate to DPS after completing an approved teen driver education course as part of applying for your Texas driver's license. Must be obtained from your driver education provider. Not available online.
- Verification of Enrollment and Attendance
- Use this form to verify your educational enrollment (if you don't hold a high school diploma) when applying for a Texas learner's permit or driver's license. Valid for those enrolled in home, private, or charter school, GED program, OR higher education.
Title & Registration Forms
- PWD 314
- Application for Farm Trailer/Semitrailer, Farm Truck, or Farm Truck Tractor License Plates
- Submit this form to request license plates for a farm truck, farm truck tractor, OR farm trailer/semitrailer from the Texas DMV. Only available for download from the Department of Motor Vehicles' forms library.
- PWD 504
- PWD 143
- PWD 143M