Change of Address in Texas
For a nominal fee, you can get your new registration sticker with next day delivery. Learn more below.
Licensed by the
|Online Registration||Online Registration|
|Same Day Processing||Same Day Processing|
|E-copy of Registration||E-copy of Registration|
|Alternate Mailing Address||Alternate Mailing Address|
|Phone Support||Phone Support|
|$29 Convenience Fee||Learn more below|
Changing Your Address in Texas
How to change your address in Texas:
- Change it online on the Texas DPS website, enter your info., and pay the $11 fee.
- Mail an Application for Change of Address on Application for Change of Address on Valid Texas Driver License & Identification Card(Form DL-64) and pay the fee.
- Visit your local DPS office, complete the form, and pay the fee.
For further details or to learn how to change your address on your vehicle registration/title, please read on.
Find all the information you need to finish your moving requirements with the DMV.
TX Driver's License/ID Card Address Change
Within 30 days after you move, you need to change your address on your Texas driver's license or ID card.
You can change your address online, by mail, or in person.
Commercial driver license (CDL) address changes must be completed in person.
NOTE: You can also change your address when you renew your TX driver's license or ID card. There are no additional fees to change your address on top of your renewal fee. For more information about renewals, visit our Renewing Your License in Texas and Identification Cards in Texas pages.
You will receive your updated TX driver's license or ID card in the mail 3 weeks after your application.
Online Change of Address
You can change your address on your Texas driver's license or ID card online if:
- Your driver's license/ID card is valid (not expired, suspended, or revoked).
- Your driver's license is a Class C or CM (if updating your driver's license).
- You are under 79 years old.
- You are not updating a provisional or learner's license.
- The TX DPS has your Social Security number (SSN) on file.
- You are a U.S. citizen.
To change your address online, visit the TX DPS Driver License Renewal and Change of Address website. You'll need:
- Your current TX driver's license or ID card.
- A printer to print your temporary driver's license/ID card and receipt.
- A credit card for the $11 fee.
Address Change by Mail
To change your address by mail you will need a:
- Completed Application for Change of Address on Valid Texas Driver License (DL) & Identification Card (ID) (form DL-64).
- Check to pay the $11 fee.
Mail the above to:
Department of Public Safety
P.O. Box 149008
Austin, TX 78714
In-Person Address Change
To change your address in person, visit your local Texas DMV office and bring:
- A completed Application for Change of Address on Valid Texas Driver License (DL) & Identification Card (ID) (DL-64).
- Payment for the $11 fee.
Title/Registration Address Change in TX
When you've moved, you also need to update the address on your vehicle records so you will receive your registration renewal notice.
You are not required to purchase an updated title or registration.
You can update your address on your vehicle records online, by mail, or in person at your local Texas DMV office .
NOTE: If you are changing your address close to your expiration date, call (888) 368-4689 to change your address. The TX DMV would have already sent your renewal notice to your old address.
To change your address on your vehicle records by mail, complete a Change of Address for Texas Vehicle Registration form, and send it to the address specified on the form.
New Texas Residents
If you've moved to Texas from out of state, you'll need to:
- Apply for a driver's license within 90 days.
- Register your vehicle within 30 days.
For more information, please see our pages on the following topics:
- Applying for a New TX License (Drivers 18+)
- Applying for a New TX License (Teen Drivers)
- Register a Car in Texas
- Title Transfers in Texas
TX Voter Registration Change of Address
When you move, you also need to change your address on your voter registration with the Texas Secretary of State.
You'll be able to change your address on your voter registration when you change your address on your driver's license or ID.
NOTE: If your new address is in a different county to your previous address, you will need to re-register as a voter. For more information on registering to vote in Texas, visit our Voter Registration in Texas page.
If you want to change your address on your voter registration separately to your TX driver's license/ID, you may do so either online, in person, or by mail.
To change your address online (within the same county), visit the TX SOS Voter Name and Address Changes website. You'll need to provide your:
- Driver license or ID card number.
- Date of birth.
- Audit number.
- Social Security number (SSN).
- Voter registration certificate number.
You will receive your updated voter certificate in 30 days.
In Person or By Mail
To change your voter registration address in person or by mail, you can either:
- Write your new address on the back of your current voter registration certificate.
- Complete a new voter registration application and check the “change" box.
Take or mail your documents to your local TX county clerk office.
Changing Your Name in Texas
If your name has changed, you must visit a TX driver license office in person. You will need to change your name on your Texas driver's license/ID card, vehicle registration, and certificate of title.
For more information, please see our Changing Your Name in Texas page.
Application for Change of Address on Valid Texas Driver License & Identification Card Form - DL-64
Submit this form to request a change of address on your Texas driver's license OR identification card. Cannot be used for CDLs.