The Tennessee Department of Safety (DOS) and Department of Revenue (DOR) provide many driver and vehicle forms online, though others must be picked up in person. Below, you'll find a number of DOS and DOR forms available for download.
If you can't find the form you need or have questions about a form, call the:
- Department of Safety with driver-related inquiries: (866) 849-3548.
- Department of Revenue with vehicle-related inquiries: (888) 871-3171.
Looking for a manual? Check out our pages on TN driver's handbooks and motorcycle manuals.
All motorist-related forms available online can be found on Tennessee's
Forms and Publications page. Below is an outline for quick reference.
Tennessee also offers a wide variety of publications online. Again, all can be found on their
Forms and Publications page, but below is an outline for quick reference.
Note that archived
annual reports can be obtained online.
Most Requested Forms
- Affidavit of Inheritance
- Use this affidavit to verify you have rightfully inherited a vehicle from a deceased person.
- Certification of 50 Hours Behind the Wheel Driving Experience
- Form used to certify that a minor applying for their Tennessee driver's license has completed the required amount of behind-the-wheel practice hours.
- Minor/Teenage Affidavit and Cancellation
- Use this form to instate OR cancel legal responsibility for a minor in the process of getting their Tennessee driver's license.
- Multi-Purpose Application
- This Tennessee DOR form can be used for a variety of tasks, like applying for a new OR duplicate title and registration, ordering disability placards, and registering a salvaged vehicle.
- Proof of School Attendance
- Proof of school enrollment required for minors applying for a Tennessee graduated driver's license (GDL). Must be obtained from the school. Not available online.
- Request for Record Authorized Requester
- Complete this form to request the personal driving information of an individual who declined to release their records. You may only use this form for exceptions to the Driver's Privacy Protection Act (DPPA).
- Request for Record Individual Authorization
- Use this form to request the TN driving record (for purposes allowed by law) of someone who previously declined to release their information. Must be notarized by a Notary Public.
- US DOT Declaration
- Complete this form when importing a vehicle OR vehicle parts from outside of the U.S. to disclose compliance with federal safety standards.
- Vehicle Information Request
- Use this form to request TN vehicle records for purposes allowed by law.
Driver's License & ID Forms
- Application for a Social Security Card
- Use this form to request an original OR duplicate Social Security card. Can also be used to change/correct information on your current Social Security card.
- Social Security Number Affidavit
- Submit this form to the DOS when applying for a Tennessee driver's license if you DO NOT have a U.S. Social Security number.
Title & Registration Forms
- Application For Motor Vehicle Identification Certification
- If you rebuilt a salvaged vehicle in TN, use this form to verify all the damaged parts replacements were legally acquired.
- Application for Disabled Persons License Plate/Placard and/or Decal
- Apply for Tennessee disability license plates, placards, AND/OR decals.
- Application for Duplicate/Replacement License Plate or Decal
- Apply for a duplicate/replacement Tennessee license plate OR decal.
- Application for Noting of Lien, Duplicate Title, or Multipurpose Use
- Use this form to request a duplicate/replacement TN vehicle title.
- Application for Temporary Operation Permit
- Submit this form to apply for a Tennessee temporary operation permit. Allows you to legally operate an unregistered vehicle for a short period of time.
- Application for Tennessee Personalized License Plate
- Use this form to apply for TN specialty license plates OR personalized license plates.
- Application for Tennessee Salvage/Non-Repairable Certificate
- Apply for a Tennessee salvage certificate OR non-repairable certificate for your vehicle.
- Application for Vehicle Exemption
- Apply for an emissions testing exemption if your vehicle is registered out-of-state OR in a region of Tennessee that does not require testing.
- Certification for Antique Vehicle Registration
- Submit this form to the DOR to register an antique vehicle in TN.
- Low Speed Vehicle Affidavit
- Submit this form to register a low-speed vehicle (e.g. a golf cart) with the TN Department of Revenue.
- Notice of Discharge of Lien
- Submit this form to notify the Tennessee Taxpayer and Vehicle Services Division when you release a vehicle lien
Buying & Selling Forms
- Affidavit of Non-Dealer Transfers of Motor Vehicles and Boats
- Submit this affidavit to the TN Department of Revenue if transferring ownership of a motor vehicle OR boat to a relative OR as a gift.
- Odometer Disclosure Statement
- Use this form to disclose the amount of miles on your vehicle when transferring ownership to someone else.
- Odometer Discrepancy Certification
- Complete this form if an incorrect odometer reading was used on documents while transferring ownership of a vehicle in TN. Must be completed by the buyer AND the seller.
Ticket & Violations Forms
- Owner/Driver Report
- You MUST submit this form to the Tennessee DOS after being involved in a car crash resulting in excessive property damage, bodily injury, OR death.
- CDL Skills Test Waiver
- Use this form to waive the TN CDL road skills test if you recently drove a commercial vehicle in the military. Must be signed by your commanding officer.
- Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination
- Medical examination report for commercial drivers to submit to the TN DOS. Must be completed by a medical professional.
- Medical Examiners Certificate
- Submit this medical certification form to the Tennessee DOS as a part of applying for your CDL. Must be completed by a medical professional.
- Supplemental Application for Commercial Drivers License
- Turn in this self-certification form to the TN Department of Safety when applying for your CDL.
Voter Registration Forms
- Mail-In Application For Voter Registration
- Mail in this form to register to vote in Tennessee OR notify your local election commission of a name and/or address change.
- Restoration of Voting Rights
- Submit this form to restore your TN voting rights if you were recently convicted of a felony.
- Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request Federal Post Card Application
- If you're a U.S. citizen living out of your voting jurisdiction, use this form to register to vote AND/OR request an absentee ballot.