Dealer Forms in Tennessee
We can't train you to be a motor vehicle dealer; however, with this section, along with our Licensing Requirements and Dealer-related Information sections and Tennessee's Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) website , we can help you by giving you the tips and tools to get you headed in the right direction.
Fortunately, the following dealer forms and other publications are available online.
Applications and Forms
- Dealer Application forms
- Application for License for Motor Vehicle Salesperson apply through Online Licensing Services System.
- Automotive Dismantler and Recycler License apply through Online Licensing Services System.
- Manufacturer/Distributor Application Online Licensing Services System.
- Application for Public Automobile Auction License Online Licensing Services System.
- Motor Vehicle Auction Bond Online Licensing Services System.
- Surety Bond (Form IN-1316).
- Release for Personal and/or Corporate Financial Background Disclosure
- Application for Motor Vehicle Show Permit (Online licensing CORE).
- Deletion of Line-Make (Form IN-1838).
Note that the dealer application is also used for adding additional line makes and as a relocation application.
- Dealer FAQ's
- Minimum Requirements for Tennessee Dismantler and Recycler License
- Automobile Auction Requirements
- Show Permits
Note that when using LexisNexis, you must search for the above laws.
For more information, or to request any forms or publications, call the Tennessee Motor Vehicle Commission at (615) 741-2711 or write to them at:
- Tennessee Motor Vehicle Commission
- 500 James Robertson Pkwy
- Nashville, TN 37243