Personal Injury Attorneys in South Carolina
For a nominal fee, you can get your new registration sticker with next day delivery. Learn more below.
Licensed by the
|Online Registration||Online Registration|
|Same Day Processing||Same Day Processing|
|E-copy of Registration||E-copy of Registration|
|Alternate Mailing Address||Alternate Mailing Address|
|Phone Support||Phone Support|
|$29 Convenience Fee||Learn more below|
NOTE: The content of this website is intended solely for informational purposes. It is not a source of legal advice and should not be used as such.
Automobile accidents result in pain and suffering for all involved. These types of injuries are called personal injuries, and can mean anything from bumps and bruises to loss of limb or life. Personal injury can also mean lost wages or employment, and even hefty expenditures on medical care.
Benefits of Seeking Legal Counsel
If you are involved in an automobile accident, it is wise to contact an attorney specializing in personal injury, or tort, law.
An experienced attorney can advise you how to move forward with your case. You can feel comforted in knowing someone is guiding you through the process while you focus on putting your life back together and healing.
As an added benefit, the initial consultation with a personal injury lawyer is often free. Be sure to ask when you call to make an appointment.
When to Hire a SC Personal Injury Attorney
After an accident, car insurance companies may not be your best friends. They may try to make you settle for the lowest possible amount.
An attorney can mediate between you and the insurance companies to ensure that you are adequately compensated. A attorney with experience in personal injury law can be especially helpful in cases that involve the following:
- Unclear or partial fault.
- Significant injuries to one or more people.
- Worsening of existing conditions or injuries.
- Uninsured or underinsured drivers.
- Wage loss.
- Non-economic losses, for example pain and suffering or loss of companionship.
- Delayed or very low insurance settlement offers.
Your personal injury attorney will have far more experience with situations like the above than you will and can represent you in negotiations with the insurers and/or in court, if necessary.
Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer
Before you visit an attorney specializing in personal injury cases, write down a list of questions to help guide the interview. The following list will help you get started.
- How much do you charge?
- When do I pay you?
- How much experience do you have?
- Have you had a case like mine before? What was the outcome?
- What is your track record? How many cases have you won?
- How long do you expect this case to take?
- Will you settle out of court? Do I have a voice in the decision?
- How and how often will you communicate with me concerning my case?
- If I don't win my case, how much money do I owe you?
Asking the above questions ahead of time will ensure don't hire an attorney only to be surprised after the fact. It always pays off to do some due diligence upfront and make sure you hire someone you can trust and who you feel can effectively handle your case.