Rhode Island's Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) offers a wealth of downloadable forms that you can access below using the free Adobe Reader.
In the event you can't find the form you need, first check our RI motorcycle manual and driver handbook pages. Still no luck? Chances are you'll have to pick up the form in person at your local DMV office.
If you need help completing or finding the right form, call the Rhode Island DMV at (401) 462-4368 for further assistance.
Most Requested Forms
- Application for License, Identification Card and Permit
- Apply for an original, renewal, OR duplicate learner's permit, driver's license, motorcycle license, OR identification card with the Rhode Island DMV.
- Application for Registration and Title Certificate
- Title and register your vehicle with the Rhode Island Division of Motor Vehicles. Can also be used to request a renewal, duplicate, or transfer of vehicle registration.
- Application for Title
- Apply for an original, duplicate, corrected, OR salvage RI title with the DMV.
- Application for a Social Security Card
- Apply for an original, replacement, OR corrected Social Security card.
Title & Registration Forms
- REV 12/11
- Affidavit and Assignment of Title-Sole Heir
- Transfer a RI vehicle title into your name if the vehicle's owner is deceased and you are the rightful heir. MUST be notarized.
- Sales or Use Tax Exemption
- Request exemption from paying Rhode Island sales and use tax when registering a vehicle you bought in another state if you weren't a RI resident at the time of purchase.
Buying & Selling Forms
- Entry Summary
- Submit to the Department of Homeland Security when importing a vehicle to the U.S. from another country.
- SU 87
- Sales and Use Tax Affidavit of Gift of Motor Vehicle
- Complete this affidavit swearing you received a vehicle as a gift, in exchange for no monetary value, as part of requesting exemption from Rhode Island sales and use tax. MUST be notarized.
- Sales or Use Tax Exemption Certificate Motor Vehicles
- Submit this form to claim exemption from paying RI sales and use tax on a vehicle if you meet the criteria listed on the form.
Ticket & Violations Forms
- Notice of Appeal
- Appeal a decision made in Rhode Island traffic court. Must be completed by your attorney.
- Medical Examination Report
- Medical exam report must be submitted when applying for a RI commercial driver's license. Must be completed by a medical professional.
- Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination
- CDL applicants in Rhode Island must complete a medical exam and submit this report to determine fitness as a commercial driver to the Division of Motor Vehicles. Must be completed by a doctor.
- REV 2011
- Self-Certification for a Commercial Drivers License
- Self-certify as an excepted OR non-excepted intrastate OR interstate commercial driver when applying for your RI CDL.
- REV 2015
- Application for Military Skills Test Waiver
- If you recently drove a commercial vehicle while enlisted in the military, use this form to request a skills test waiver when applying for a RI commercial driver's license.
- EPA Form 3520
- Submit this form to U.S. Customs and Border Protection if you bought a vehicle while stationed in another country unless the vehicle already has an Environmental Protection Agency certificate of conformity and control label.
Voter Registration Forms
- Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request Federal Post Card Application
- If you're a U.S. citizen currently living outside the country, use this form to register to vote AND/OR request an absentee voting ballot.