Replacing a Lost CDL in Pennsylvania
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) will issue you a duplicate commercial driver's license in person or by mail if you're in state; you can apply for a replacement by mail if you're out of state only if your absence qualifies.
Apply for your duplicate CDL as soon as possible; it's illegal to operate a commercial truck or any commercial vehicle without one physically present. As a safety precaution, consider reporting your lost CDL to local and state authorities.
Get a Duplicate CDL in Pennsylvania
If you're in state, apply for a replacement CDL by:
- Completing a notarized Commercial Driver's License Application to Duplicate/Correct (Form DL-80CD).
- You can access this form online or pick up a form at your local PennDOT office.
- You must have the form notarized before submitting it.
- Gathering any required documents.
- Generally, this only applies if you need to update your name or address for your duplicate CDL.
- Make a check or money order payable to “PennDOT” for the applicable fee:
- Duplicate CDL: $28.50.
- Duplicate CDL with Motorcycle: $33.50.
- Duplicate Camera Card: $5.
- Duplicate Camera Card with Motorcycle: $10.
- Bring the above to your local PennDOT location OR mail it all to:
P.O. Box 68272
Harrisburg, PA 17106
Note that if you mail your application rather than first appearing in person, the replacement you receive will depend on whether PennDOT has your current picture on file.
- PHOTO: You'll receive a new commercial driver's license that includes your photo.
- NO PHOTO: You'll receive a camera card and instructions to appear at a photo center to have your picture taken and obtain an actual duplicate CDL.
Out-of-State Replacement CDL in PA
If you're out of state, you can order a duplicate CDL using the mail-in process explained above.
NOTE: PennDOT will ONLY send your duplicate CDL to the address currently on-file with the state.