Accident Guide in Pennsylvania

If You Have an Accident

Accidents happen. If you're involved in an accident, pull reports will need to be completed for a variety of reasons, including insurance claims and driving records. If law enforcement does not work the accident, you'll need to complete a report when the accident:

  • Causes injury or death to any person
  • Does enough damage to a vehicle that it can't be driven away from the scene and requires towing

Every driver involved in the accident must complete Form AA-600 within 5 days of the accident. If more than two vehicles are involved, use additional copies of the report as needed. Send the completed report to:

  • Pennsylvania Department of Transportation
  • Bureau of Highway Safety and Traffic Engineering
  • P.O. Box 2047
  • Harrisburg, PA 17105-2047

Information Needed

You'll need to obtain several pieces of information before you leave the scene. Exchange names, addresses, phone numbers, driver's license numbers, tag numbers, and insurance information with all drivers involved.

Be sure to get the names and addresses of any witnesses, if applicable, and full descriptions of all vehicles.

DMV.ORG BBB Business Review