Replacing a Lost CDL in Oregon
Pass Your CDL Written Exam with DMV Cheatsheets!
Get answers, save time and pass your CDL exam test the first time around. DMV Cheat Sheets advantages:
- Use Your Computer, Tablet or Mobile Phone
- Study When and Where You Want
- 24/7 Online Access
- Simply print and pass or your money back guaranteed
Get Your Test Answers Now!
Apply for a replacement commercial driver's license in person with the Oregon Driver and Motor Vehicle Services Division (DMV); if you're currently out of state, the DMV MIGHT make other arrangements for you.
Replace your CDL as soon as possible; you aren't legally allowed to operate a commercial vehicle or truck without a valid, properly endorsed CDL in hand. Also, consider reporting your lost CDL to law enforcement to help fight identity theft.
Apply for a Replacement CDL in OR
Typically, you must apply for a duplicate CDL in person.
When you visit your local DMV office, be ready to:
- Complete the Commercial Driver License Application (form 735-175).
- You must provide your Social Security number.
- The DMV accepts a list of other documents if you're not eligible for a SSN.
- Show the following required documents:
- Proof of your full legal name.
- Proof of identity, date of birth, and legal residence (i.e. U.S. citizen or lawful presence).
- Proof of residency IF you've your address has changed.
- Certain CDL-related documents including your medical card or waiver and any documents that certify the type of commercial driving and the federal requirements you meet.
- Have your picture taken.
- Pay the $26 fee.
Out-of-State OR Duplicate CDL
As mentioned above, generally you must be in state to apply for a replacement CDL; however, if you're out of state and need a duplicate before you get home, the OR DMV MIGHT be able to help. Contact your local DMV office as soon as possible.