Personal Injury Attorneys in Oregon
There are a number of benefits to hiring a personal injury attorney after you've been injured in an accident. For example, you'll have someone who understands personal law and can advise you of how to handle your case. If you've decided to get this kind of legal help, follow our tips for finding an OR personal injury lawyer.
NOTE: The content of this website is intended solely for informational purposes. It is not a source of legal advice and should not be used as such.
Personal injury in Oregon covers physical, mental, and financial injury that results from another person's actions. Car accidents are a major cause of personal injury.
The Benefits of Personal Injury Attorneys
For Oregon drivers who get into a traffic incident or collision where there is personal injury to one or more of the people involved, it is advisable to seek assistance from a personal injury attorney.
Personal injury lawyers in Oregon know the law far better than the average person and know what you're entitled to. You'll have someone who can:
- Advocating for your right to compensation.
- Advise you of whether your settlement from the insurer is acceptable.
Keep in mind that insurance companies often try to get you to settle for the lowest possible amount and may try to get you to accept a settlement offer before your injuries worsen to minimize their own liability.
A personal injury attorney can make sure you don't accept an offer before you're ready and, in turn, limit your damages and leave yourself unable to pay for your injuries in the future.
Tips for Finding an OR Personal Injury Lawyer
When you've decided to get legal help, use the following tips to find a good attorney:
- Ask around for recommendations.
- Take advantage of free initial consultations.
- Many personal injury lawyers offer one free consultation. It can work to your advantage to have consultations with several attorneys to find the right one.
- Ask about and compare fees.
- Find out the attorney's track record and number of successful personal injury cases.
- Ask for an honest opinion of your case.