Motorcycle Registration in Oregon
For a nominal fee, you can get your new registration sticker with next day delivery. Learn more below.
Licensed by the
|Online Registration||Online Registration|
|Same Day Processing||Same Day Processing|
|E-copy of Registration||E-copy of Registration|
|Alternate Mailing Address||Alternate Mailing Address|
|Phone Support||Phone Support|
|$29 Convenience Fee||Learn more below|
Oregon residents must register their motorcycles with the Oregon Driver and Motor Vehicle Services Division (DMV) before riding on roadways is legally permitted. Check out this guide for details on what to do when buying a new bike or moving to the state.
Looking for motorcycle renewal information? Jump over to our Registration Renewals section!
New Oregon Residents
After establishing Oregon residency, you'll have 30 days to register your motorcycle with the DMV. Title applications are done at the same time as registration—for more, visit our Title Transfers section.
Visit your local DMV office and submit to a VIN inspection. The inspection fee is $7. Then provide:
- Your out-of-state title and registration or Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (MCO).
- If it's not included on the title, include a Statement of Lien Satisfaction (Form 735-524).
- A completed:
- Proof of Oregon motorcycle insurance.
- Payment for the $77 title fee PLUS applicable registration fees and taxes.
If you would rather apply for motorcycle registration by mail, you may do so by submitting each of the documents above along with payment for the fees to the address below:
1905 Lana Ave NE
Salem, OR 97314
Registering Your OR Motorcycle
The motorcycle registration process varies depending on whether it was purchased at a dealership or through a private seller.
Below is what you'll need to know to register your motorcycle in either situation.
Motorcycles Purchased from a Dealership
In most instances, when you purchase a motorcycle from a dealership, the dealership agent will handle the titling and registration process for you. To see a breakdown of what you'll owe, check out our section on Motorcycle Registration Fees & Taxes.
Before you leave, confirm the details to ensure no further requirements will be needed on your end. All titling fees, registration fees, and taxes will typically be included in the overall purchase price of the motorcycle.
Motorcycles Purchased from a Private Seller
For motorcycles purchased through a private seller, you'll need to handle titling and registration yourself.
Visit your local DMV office with the following items:
- The signed-over title for the motorcycle with an odometer disclosure included.
- If there is no space provided for the odometer disclosure, call the Oregon Auto Dealers Association (OADA) at (800) 766-6232 to request a Secure Odometer Disclosure (Form 735-403). This form cannot be request from the DMV.
- If you don't have the title, you can submit a Bill of Sale (Form 735-501).
- A Statement of Lien Satisfaction (Form 735-524), if applicable.
- Your Oregon motorcycle license.
- A completed Application for Title and Registration (Form 735-226).
- Proof of:
- VIN inspection.
- Completed on-site at the DMV.
- Oregon motorcycle insurance.
- VIN inspection.
- Payment for the $77 title fee, plus applicable registration fees.
Registration Fees & Taxes
You may be required to pay the following fees and taxes when you register or renew your motorcycle in Oregon:
- Motorcycle registration:
- 4-year registration: $96.
- 2-year registration: $48.
- Multnomah County additional fees:
- $19 for 1 year.
- $38 for 2 years.
- Title: $77.
- Plate: $12.
- VIN inspection: $7.
Application for Title and Registration - 735-226
Request a new Oregon title OR registration, registration renewal, plate transfer, OR replacement registration from the Driver and Motor Vehicle Services Division.
Certification of Oregon Residency and Domicile - 735-7182
Use this form to certify that you're a resident of Oregon or domiciled in the state if you need further proof of your presence in the state while applying for a title, registration, driver's license, etc.
Statement of Lien Satisfaction - 735-524
Complete this form when you've satisfied a lien on an OR vehicle title.
Vehicle Bill of Sale - 735-501
Use this form as a proof of purchase when transferring ownership of a vehicle in Oregon.