DUI Attorneys in Oregon
If you've been charged for driving under the influence of intoxicants (DUII)â€"also known as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or a DUIâ€"in Oregon, consider hiring a DUI attorney. With legal representation, you may be able to reduce your fines and penalties if convicted.
NOTE: The content of this website is intended solely for informational purposes. It is not a source of legal advice and should not be used as such.
Read this page for tips about hiring a DUI attorney in Oregon.
If you're going to start looking for a DUI lawyer, keep the following tips in mind:
- Get a recommendation.
- Your friends or family may know of a reputable DUI attorney.
- Find an experienced DUI attorney who has a long track record in dealing with DUII cases, local courts, and law enforcement in Oregon.
- Contact several OR law firms, as first consultations are usually free.
- Ask about your attorney fees.
- Before you hire an attorney, find out the cost of his or her legal services.
Keep reading for more details about DUI charges and penalties in Oregon.
Charges Handled by DUI Attorneys
In Oregon, DUI charges are based on the circumstances of your offense, your age, and your driving history. You can be charged with a DUI if you:
- An adult with a measured a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.08% or more while driving.
- A CDL driver with a BAC of 0.04% or more.
- Are younger than 21 years old and had any amount of alcohol in your blood while driving.
- Refused a blood, urine, or breath test.
Hire an Oregon DUI attorney with experience in cases similar to yours.
If you have any questions before your DUI hearing, your lawyer should be able to help you. A DUI attorney can also help by:
- Representing you in court.
- Offering guidance on how you should plead.
- Completing all required paperwork for the court.
- Explaining the penalties you're facing.
In Oregon, you could receive penalties from both the court and the Oregon Driver and Motor Vehicle Services Division (DMV) depending on the nature of your DUI charge, age, and driving record. Here are a few examples of penalties you'll face upon a DUII conviction:
- OR driver's license suspension or revocation (lengths will vary).
- You'll need to pay additional driver's license reinstatement fees.
- DUII treatment program.
- An ignition interlock device installed in your vehicle.
- Jail time.
For more information, please visit our DUI & DWI in Oregon page.
That's great! We would love to hear about your experience...
We are sorry you didn't find the information you were looking for. Please visit our Visitor Support page for answer to frequently asked questions, or to contact us directly.
Thank you for submitting your feedback!