Replacing a Lost Registration in Oklahoma
If you get pulled over without your registration card, or if you’re missing a license plate or validation sticker, you could wind up with an expensive ticket.
Replace your lost or damaged items as soon as you can through the Oklahoma Motor Vehicle Division (MVD), part of the OK Tax Commission (OTC). We’ll help walk you through the process below.
Replace an Oklahoma Registration
Registration replacement services are provided in person at your local tag office. To replace a lost OK registration, you will pay a $9 duplicate registration fee.
You may be asked to provide your:
- Vehicle identification number (VIN).
- License plate number.
- Driver’s license.
- Proof of insurance.
Contact the MVD at (405) 521-3221 for details on how to replace your registration if you cannot visit the office.
Replace OK Plates & Decals
You have the option to request replacement license plates and decals:
- In person at a tag office.
- By mail.
Either way, provide:
- A completed and notarized Affidavit for Replacement License Plate/Decal/Annual Boat/Outboard Motor Decal (Form 797-D).
- Proof of auto insurance.
- Payment for the applicable fees.
- See the fees section below for a detailed breakdown of costs.
Submit your form and payment to your local tag office, or mail them to:
Oklahoma Tax Commission—Motor Vehicle Division
2501 N. Lincoln Blvd
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
Duplicate OK Registration, Plate, & Sticker Fees
Here is a list of costs associated with replacing a lost or damaged registration, decal, or license plate in Oklahoma. If mailing your request, make your check out to the “Oklahoma Tax Commission”.
- Replacement registration: $9.
- Replacement decal ONLY: $9.
- Duplicate decal AND plate: $9.
- Insurance verification fee: $1.50.
Apply only if you mail your request, OR you want your duplicate decal mailed to your address