Moving Out of State in Oklahoma

Permanent Moves

If you're leaving the Sooner State permanently, don't worry about canceling your registration or surrendering your license plates. Also, don't bother trying to obtain a refund on the unused portion of your registration, as the state does not offer such refunds.

However, be sure to notify your insurance carrier of your change of your address.

Just Moved?

Find all the information you need to finish your moving requirements with the DMV.

Temporary Moves

If you're moving out of the state on a temporary basis, you must notify the Department of Public Safety of your change of address.

To do so stop by a tag agent office.

Preparing for the Move

Be sure to visit our "New to Your State" section for an overview of driving-related tasks that should be tackled immediately after you settle into your new home.

Military Information

Military members and their dependents who will be temporarily living outside of Oklahoma should check out our Drivers in the Military section for important registration and license information regarding their special situation.

DMV.ORG BBB Business Review