Replacing a Lost Registration in Ohio
If you drive in Ohio without your registration receipt or plate sticker, it could be just a matter of time before you end up with a ticket. Save your money and replace your lost, damaged, or stolen items as soon as possible through the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
If you’ve lost or damaged your plate(s), jump over to our page on replacing OH license plates for the information you need.
OH Duplicate Registration or Sticker
Getting a replacement registration in Ohio is cheap and relatively easy. You can apply for a duplicate registration:
- In person at your local registrar’s office.
- Online using the OPLATES site.
- By mail.
Keep reading for instructions on each of these methods.
Fees for Replacements in Ohio
The fees for replacements are:
- $6 for a registration card.
- $6 for a sticker with a registration card.
- $12 for 1 license plate.
- $13.25 for 2 license plates.
License plate fees vary for different types of vehicles and special license plates.
NOTE: If your registration is due for renewal, you should renew your registration to get a new card and sticker. You can also request duplicate license plates when you renew.
- BMV 4809
- Application for Duplicate Registration Card, Transfer, Replacement Plates / Validation Sticker
- Request registration transfer, duplicate registration card, OR replacement Ohio license plates.
- BMV 5736
- Registration Information and Authorization to Register
- Use this form to grant someone else power of attorney to register your vehicle in OH. Typically used for registering a leased car.