BMV Forms in Ohio
Ohio Forms Library
The Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) allows you to access a majority of useful forms online, which you can download from the library below.
If you don't see the form you need OR have questions about a specific form, call the OH BMV at (844) 644-6268 OR visit your local BMV office branch.
Looking for a manual? Check out our pages on Ohio driver's handbooks and motorcycle manuals.
Most Requested Forms
- BMV 3774
- Application for Certificate of Title to a Motor Vehicle
- Request an original, duplicate, replacement, memorandum, OR salvage Ohio Certificate of Title for your vehicle.
- BMV 4809
- Application for Duplicate Registration Card, Transfer, Replacement Plates / Validation Sticker
- Request registration transfer, duplicate registration card, OR replacement Ohio license plates.
- BMV 4625
- Application for Out-of-State Registration by Mail
- Mail this form to the Ohio BMV to register your vehicle AND request custom license plates from out-of-state.
- BMV 2159
- CDL Self-Certification Authorization
- Self-certification form for Ohio CDL applicants.
- BMV 4834
- Health Care Provider Certification of Eligibility for Disability License Plates
- Submit this form to the OH Bureau of Motor Vehicles to confirm your eligibility for disability license plates. To be completed by your healthcare provider.
- BMV 3724
- Odometer Disclosure Statement
- Fill out this form to report the amount of miles on a vehicle you plan to transfer the ownership of.
- BMV 3346
- Organ Donor Register Enrollment
- Register to become an OH organ donor.
- BMV 3771
- Power of Attorney Form
- BMV 1173
- Record Request
- Submit this form to the BMV to request Ohio driver and vehicle records. You may request your own OR someone else's for purposes accepted by law.
- BMV 5756
- Request for Change of Address
- Notify the OH Bureau of Motor Vehicles of a permanent OR temporary change of address.
- BMV 4705
- Request for Special License Plates
- Submit to the BMV to apply for customized OR special Ohio license plates.
Driver's License & ID Forms
- BMV 2438
- Eligible Adult in Loco Parentis Affidavit
- Complete this form if an Ohio instruction permit holder will practice driving with an adult supervisor OTHER than their legal guardian.
- BMV 2825
- Employer Approval for Probationary Driver License Holders Driving Within Restricted Hours
- Submit this form to the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles to drive with a probationary driver license OUTSIDE of restricted hours. For work purposes ONLY.
- BMV 5791
- Fifty Hour Affidavit
- Fill out this form when you have completed 50 hours of supervised driving as part of earning your Ohio drive's license.
- BMV 2437
- Next of Kin/Emergency Contact Enrollment
- Add a next of kin/emergency contact to your OH driver's license OR identification card.
Title & Registration Forms
- BMV 4806
- Application and Affidavit Historic License Plate
- Complete this form to register and request license plates for a historical vehicle in OH.
- BMV 4826
- Application for Disability Placards
- Submit this form with the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles to order disability placards. May be used by individuals with disabilities OR organizations transporting disabled persons.
- DNR 8460R
- Certified Watercraft Registration Application
- Use this form to request an original, renewal, OR transferral of Ohio watercraft registration.
- BMV 4311
- Customer Request to Cancel Vehicle Registration
- Submit this form to cancel your vehicle registration with the Ohio BMV.
- DNR 8456
- Duplicate Registration or Decals Application
- Request duplicate OH registration card and/or decals for your boat. Cannot be used on expired registrations.
- EPA 3451
- E-Check Exemption/Extension Application
- Submit this form to request an extension OR exemption from the Ohio vehicle emissions E-Check program
- BMV 5736
- Registration Information and Authorization to Register
- Use this form to grant someone else power of attorney to register your vehicle in OH. Typically used for registering a leased car.
Ticket & Violations Forms
- BMV 5008
- Notarized Written Consent Release of Personal Information
- Submit your written consent for the Ohio BMV to release your personal information to a separate entity (indicated on the form) for reasons allowed by law.
- BMV 3303
- Crash Report
- Complete this form if you're in an accident with an uninsured driver in Ohio. Applicable ONLY to crashes involving personal injury and/or significant property damage.
- BMV 2170
- Application for Restricted CDL for Farm Related Service Industries
- Apply for a seasonal, restricted Ohio CDL if you plan on driving farming and/or agricultural commercial vehicles for part of the year.
- BMV 2070
- Application for Skills Test Waiver Military Exception
- Waives the Ohio CDL road test for military members who recently drove commercial vehicles during service.