DMV Appointments in Ohio
DMV Cheat Sheet - Time Saver
With DMV Cheat Sheets, it's like having the answers before you take the test. Only $9.95!
- Computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Just print and go to the DMV
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
The Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) now allows you to schedule certain appointments ahead of time, so you can spend less time waiting in line and more time enjoying the Buckeye State. Keep reading for more information about the types of BMV appointments you can make, how to make them, and what you should bring to your BMV office visit.
Keep in mind that you may be able to completely avoid a trip to the BMV by taking advantage of the online driver and vehicle services offered by the state.
Types of Ohio BMV Appointments
You can make appointments for the following types of Ohio BMV services:
- Road skills exam for:
- Standard (Class D) license.
- Motorcycle license.
- Commercial driver license (CDL).
- Salvage vehicle inspection.
How to Make an Appointment with the OH BMV
If you'd like to make an appointment for a standard license or motorcycle road exam, you can:
- Use the BMV's online scheduling system.
- Contact your local Ohio BMV office.
- Call the BMV's Driver Exam Scheduling office phone number at (614) 995-5353.
- You can call between 7 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday and between 8 a.m. and 1:45 p.m. on Saturdays.
When you need to schedule your CDL road skills test, call the nearest CDL testing site. You may either choose to go directly through the Ohio BMV or through an approved third-party tester.
Finally, to schedule a salvage vehicle inspection, you can either:
What to Bring to Your Appointment
You won't have to waste your time with a second trip to the OH BMV if you've ensured that you have all the required materials for your particular type of appointment. Our guides outline exactly what you'll need to bring along for the following types of Ohio BMV office visits: