Renewing Your CDL in Nevada
Pass Your CDL Written Exam with DMV Cheatsheets!
Get answers, save time and pass your CDL exam test the first time around. DMV Cheat Sheets advantages:
- Use Your Computer, Tablet or Mobile Phone
- Study When and Where You Want
- 24/7 Online Access
- Simply print and pass or your money back guaranteed
Get Your Test Answers Now!
How to Renew
All Nevada CDLs must be renewed in person every 8 years at the Department of Motor Vehicles. (Note: The NV DMV will transition to CDLs that are valid for 8 years by 2018). CDL holders 65 years old and older are only able to renew a CDL for 4 years. To renew any Commercial driver's license go into your local full-service DMV office and submit the following:
- Evidence of a physical exam with a medical certificate or a Medical Examination Report (Form 649-F), if required.
- Pay applicable fees (see "Renewal Fees," below).
- For hazardous materials endorsements, take the hazardous materials knowledge test again and submit to another federally mandated background check (through the TSA: $86.50) if you wish to keep this endorsement on your CDL.
NOTE: If you've been convicted of multiple moving violations, you will probably be required to take the knowledge tests again, and possibly even the driving tests. Talk to an examiner at your full-service DMV office for more details.
Upgrading Your Endorsements
If you wish to add an endorsement to your CDL or upgrade your license class, you will need to fill out a new Commercial Driver's License Application (Form DMV 002) and pass the applicable knowledge and/or skills tests.
Fees are payable when you come in to renew:
- Renewal requiring no test or only a knowledge test:
- $58.25 (valid for 4 years)
- $112.25 (valid for 8 years)
- Renewal requiring knowledge and skills tests:
- $88.25 (valid for 4 years)
- $142.25 (valid for 8 years)
- Added endorsement: $15 plus $3.25 photo fee
- Drive test to add endorsement: $31 plus $3.25 photo fee
Application Driving Privileges or ID Card - DMV 002
Apply for an original, renewal, OR duplicate NV driver's license (Class C, M, A, or B), instructional permit, commercial endorsement, OR identification card.
Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination - 649-F
Submit this completed medical fitness exam to the DMV when you apply for a NV commercial driver's license. Form must be completed by a doctor.