Personal Injury Attorneys in Nevada
For a nominal fee, you can get your new registration sticker with next day delivery. Learn more below.
Licensed by the
|Online Registration||Online Registration|
|Same Day Processing||Same Day Processing|
|E-copy of Registration||E-copy of Registration|
|Alternate Mailing Address||Alternate Mailing Address|
|Phone Support||Phone Support|
|$29 Convenience Fee||Learn more below|
A personal injury attorney can mean the difference in getting a low settlement offer from your insurance company and getting fully compensated to your satisfaction. It's important that when you do hire a personal injury attorney, you play an active role in the process by providing all documentation needed to create a strong case.
NOTE: The content of this website is intended solely for informational purposes. It is not a source of legal advice and should not be used as such.
Personal injury is an umbrella term that covers a wide range of circumstances that cause physical damage or bodily harm to an individual. Automobile collisions are one of the foremost causes of personal injury nationwide, and many of these accidents can result in extensive injuries or even death. Personal injury attorneys are experienced professionals who know your rights as an injured party and who know how to seek the array of damages you might be entitled to.
Why Hire a NV Personal Injury Attorney?
Some accident-related injuries are minor and can be easily paid for by the insurance company. However, other injuries may cause loss of valuable skills or abilities that, while not life-threatening, will change the course of your life forever.
If you or a loved one were injured in a car accident, chances are you'll have at least some of the following:
- Hospital and doctor bills.
- Loss of time and pay from work.
- Emotional distress.
If the accident wasn't your fault, you may be able to collect a financial sum for the money and time spent (and lost) on recovery.
While you are free to negotiate with insurance companies yourself if you wish, you are likely to have better luck with the assistance of an experienced personal injury lawyer.
You will likely get a higher settlement with a professional than if you brave the courts yourself. Tort laws in this country are a labyrinth of nuance and precedents, and a professional knows the system well.
Hiring and Working with a Personal Injury Lawyer
Many NV personal injury attorneys will not charge an initial consultation fee, and many even have a no-win, no-fee arrangement (often called a "contingency fee basis") that can benefit you in the short and long runs. If you make the decision to hire an attorney, you should do the following:
- Consult with the attorney as soon as possible after the accident, so information is still readily available.
- Begin gathering documentation for your attorney, including:
- Accident reports.
- Insurance letters and offers of settlement.
- Witness accounts.
- Medical bills.
- Personal contact information for all involved parties.
- Do not give a statement to any insurance companies until you've consulted with your lawyer.
- Even if you're approached early on, you have the right to say you're not prepared to give a statement, and that you will do so after consulting your lawyer.
- Have a rough idea of the money you've spent on medical bills and recover.
- This amount should include money lost from not working, damaged property, and so forth.
- Assert your right to stop working with your attorney if he or she asks you to do or say something illegal, or if you feel that you aren't being treated fairly.
- Remember, there's nothing wrong with getting a second opinion.