DMV Forms in Nevada

The Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) offers a sizable catalog of online driver and vehicle forms, many of which you can download* below

If you can't find the form you need, you may need to pick it up in person at your local DMV agency. You can also find manuals on our pages with NV driver and motorcycle handbooks

If you need help finding or completing a form, call your local Nevada DMV call center for assistance:

  • Las Vegas area: (702) 486-4368.
  • Reno/Sparks/Carson City: (775) 684-4368.
  • Rural NV/out-of-state: (877) 368-7828.

*NOTE: You'll need to have the free Adobe Reader installed on your computer to open, fill out, and print these forms.

Most Requested Forms

DMV 002E
Application Driving Privileges or ID Card
Apply for an original, renewal, OR duplicate NV driver's license (Class C, M, A, or B), instructional permit, commercial endorsement, OR identification card.
Application for Vehicle Registration
Department of Motor Vehicles application to register your vehicle in Nevada.
Application for a Social Security Card
Apply for a new, corrected, OR replacement Social Security card.
Bill of Sale
Use the DMV's bill of sale form as a proof of purchase when transferring ownership of a vehicle in NV.
Change of Address Notification by Mail
Notify the Department of Motor Vehicles of a change of address and request an update to the address on your NV driver, vehicle, and/or voting records.

Driver's License & ID Forms

Affidavit of Completion of Out of State Driver Education Course
Submit to the Department of Motor Vehicles if you completed the required driver education for a Nevada driver's license with an out-of-state provider. Form must be signed by the out-of-state driving school’s operator.
Application for Restricted License
Apply for a restricted Nevada license if you don't have regular driving privileges but need to transport yourself for school, work, medical reasons, or grocery shopping.
Beginning Driver Experience Log
Log the number of supervised driving hours your teen driver has completed as part of earning their Nevada driver's license.
DMV 301
Certification of Attendance
Teen driver's license applicants must use this form to verify they're enrolled in school and have an approved attendance record OR to claim exemption from the DMV's attendance requirement. Must be signed by a school official.
Declaration of Homeless Status
Verify your homeless status to claim exemption from the DMV's fees for a duplicate Nevada driver's license, identification card, OR learner's permit.

Title & Registration Forms

Affidavit of Non-Operation
Notify the Nevada DMV of non-operation for a vehicle registered in your name.
Application For Expedited Processing of Nevada Title
Application for an expedited Nevada vehicle title from the DMV.
Application for Duplicate Nevada Certificate of Title
Request a replacement NV vehicle title from the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Application for Duplicate Registration Certificate
Request a replacement registration certificate AND/OR substitute decals from the Nevada DMV.
VP 223
Certificate of Inspection and Affidavit of Trailer Construction
Submit this affidavit when applying for a NV title and/or registration for a trailer that's reconstructed, rebuilt, specially constructed, OR a manufactured kit. Inspection portion must be completed by a Department of Motor Vehicles agent.
Certificate of Inspection/Affidavit of Vehicle Construction
Submit this completed inspection certificate to the DMV when applying for a rebuilt vehicle title in Nevada. Form must be completed by an authorized rebuilder AND a DMV employee.
SP 45
Circa 1982 Replica License Plate
Order replica NV license plates (with option for personalization) from the DMV.
Duplicate License Plate Application
Request replacement Nevada license plates from the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Emission Control Exemption Affidavit
Claim exemption from Nevada's emission inspection requirement if your vehicle meets the criteria outlined on the form.
License Plate Release
Release your license plate to the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles. Completion of this form allows your old license plate number to be used on another vehicle.
Lien Release
Use this DMV form to release liens on your NV vehicle title.
Lost Stolen or Mutilated License Plate Affidavit
Notify the NV Department of Motor Vehicles of lost, stolen, damaged, surrendered, OR confiscated license plates.
Lost Title Affidavit
Verify that you never received your Nevada car title from the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Moped Registration Application/Inspection
Register and have your moped inspected with the Nevada DMV.
Transfer on Death Application
Add, remove, OR change a beneficiary on your Nevada vehicle title.
Vehicle Inspection Certificate
If required, submit this completed VIN verification inspection form when titling your vehicle. Must be completed by a DMV-approved inspector.

Insurance Forms

DOI 310
Consumer Complaint
Use this form to file a formal consumer complaint against an auto insurance company with the Nevada Division of Insurance.

Commercial Forms

CDL 002
Application for Commercial Driving Privileges
Department of Motor Vehicles application for a new, renewed, OR duplicate Nevada commercial driver's license (Class A, B, C, or M) OR commercial instruction permit.
Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination
Submit this completed medical fitness exam to the DMV when you apply for a NV commercial driver's license. Form must be completed by a doctor.
Medical Examiners Certificate
Certain CDL applicants must submit and carry this medical examiner's certificate to drive commercial vehicles. Form must be completed by a doctor.

Military Forms

Active Duty Military Combat Affidavit
Use this NV DMV form to claim exemption from late registration renewal fees if you were deployed as an active military member when your vehicle registration expired.
CDL Certification for Waiver of Skills Tests
If you recently drove a commercial vehicle in the military, use this form to request a skills test waiver when you apply for a Nevada CDL.

Disability Forms

Application for Disabled Persons License Plates and/or Placards
Apply for permanent OR temporary disabled license plates, placards, OR stickers with the Nevada DMV. Must be completed by a physician.
SP 59
Application for Expedited Service Permit
If you have a permanent disability, use this DMV form to request an expedited service permit, which gives you access to faster service from Nevada state agency employees.

Voter Registration Forms

Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request Federal Post Card Application
If you're a U.S. citizen living out of your voting jurisdiction, use this form to register to vote AND/OR request an absentee ballot.
DMV.ORG BBB Business Review