Dealer Forms in Nevada
For a nominal fee, you can get your new registration sticker with next day delivery. Learn more below.
Licensed by the
|Online Registration||Online Registration|
|Same Day Processing||Same Day Processing|
|E-copy of Registration||E-copy of Registration|
|Alternate Mailing Address||Alternate Mailing Address|
|Phone Support||Phone Support|
|$29 Convenience Fee||Learn more below|
No matter what your desired transaction, one thing you can count on with the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles is a lot of paperwork. That reality is no different for vehicle dealers in the state.
All of the following forms are available online as PDF documents, which you can view and download with Adobe's free Reader software. Some even feature the online fill-in capability. You can also find hard copies of these forms at your nearest DMV business licensing office.
Just applying for a dealer license requires the following DMV forms:
- Application for Business License and Garage Registration (Form OBL237).
- Personal History Questionnaire (Form OBL242).
- Letter of Authorization to Release Information (Form IR015): Allows state and federal agencies to share information about you for purposes of a background check and fingerprint scan.
- Child Support Information (Form OBL268): Declares your compliance with child support requirements or shows that they do not apply to you.
- Licensee/Registrant Acknowledgement (Form OBL308): States that you have been given the necessary information from the DMV about regulations and laws.
- Vehicle Industry Business License Bond (Form OBL210): Shows proof of your required surety bond.
- Insurance Requirements (Form OBL273): Shows proof that you have obtained liability insurance to at least the minimum requirements.
Optional Application Forms
While these forms still relate to your initial license application, they may only apply to you in certain circumstances:
- Business License Plate Application (Form OBL329): If you wish to have dealer plates for purposes of transporting vehicles.
- Application for Business Identification Card (Form OBL252): If you want an official document that shows you're a licensed dealer.
- Bond Reduction Request (Form OBL248): If you want to apply for a reduction in the required bond. Certain restrictions apply, so see your local DMV dealer licensing office.
- Deposit Statement (Form OBL240): If you are offering a monetary deposit in lieu of a surety bond.
Here are some forms you'll be required to use while conducting your business:
- Report of Sale Extension Request (Form OBL275).
- Application for Temporary Location License (Form OBL261): For sales events held at temporary locations.
- Lost License Plate and Registration Certificate Affidavit (Form OBL238).
- Letter of Authorization (Form OBL276): Request to allow employees other than principals to pick up certificates and plates from the DMV.
Not Forms, but Loaded with Information
The DMV has also made available a range of informative handbooks and one-sheets on the subject of vehicle dealers. These documents are available as a PDF download and at your nearest DMV business licensing office:
- http://www.dmvnv.com/pdfforms/obl243.pdfDealer, Distributor, Lessor, Manufacturer and Rebuilder Information (Form OBL243).
- Insurance Requirements (Form OBL273).
- http://www.dmvnv.com/pdfforms/obl270.pdfBusiness Change Licensing Requirements (Form OBL270).
- Registration and Title Guide: 194 pages packed with registration procedures and guidelines for auto dealers
|Child Support Information - OBL268|
|Insurance Requirements - OBL273|
|Letter of Authorization - OBL276|
Letter of Authorization to Release Information - IR015
Give the Nevada DMV permission to release your NV driver and/or vehicle records to another person.
|Bond Reduction Request - OBL248|
|Licensee/Registrant Acknowledgment - OBL308|
|Lost License Plate and Registration Certificate Affidavit - OBL238|