Accident Guide in Nevada

Most accidents are worked by law enforcement, but if not, you may need to file some paperwork.

If the accident involved more than $750 worth of damage to one person or a person's property, or the accident resulted in death or injury to anyone, you will need to file a Report of Traffic Accident (SR-1) within 10 days.


The form requires certain information, and will not be accepted without it, so if you have an accident make sure to exchange complete information with all parties involved.

Get the names, addresses, and driver's license information from all drivers, along with insurance information and complete vehicle details, such as make, model, year, and tag number. This form also asks for the Social Security number of all involved parties so be sure to get that, too.

Write down the weather and road conditions and record the time and exact location of the accident.

You'll need to attach a copy of your insurance card and any doctor's statements if an injury was involved.

Get Yourself a Lawyer

If you're involved in a vehicle accident, you may want to consider seeking legal representation―especially if personal injury is involved or someone was driving under the influence.

We have created special sections to help you find personal injury attorneys.

DMV.ORG BBB Business Review