Replacing a Lost CDL in New Mexico
Pass Your CDL Written Exam with DMV Cheatsheets!
Get answers, save time and pass your CDL exam test the first time around. DMV Cheat Sheets advantages:
- Use Your Computer, Tablet or Mobile Phone
- Study When and Where You Want
- 24/7 Online Access
- Simply print and pass or your money back guaranteed
Get Your Test Answers Now!
Apply for your replacement commercial driver's license with the New Mexico Motor Vehicle Division (MVD); generally, you must apply in-person, but the MVD MIGHT make an exception for out-of-state commercial drivers.
The NM MVD recommends filing a police report for a lost CDL, and you MUST file a police report if you want a new license number assigned. DO NOT operate a commercial vehicle or truck until you get your replacement CDL.
Order a Duplicate CDL in NM
Apply for your replacement CDL in-person at your local NM MVD office. The process for applying for a replacement CDL isn't clear, so be sure to call ahead to make sure you have all the correct documents and fees.
In general, though, be prepared to:
- Complete any required application(s) for duplicates.
- Provide a police report if you believe your CDL was stolen.
- Provide all required proofs of identity and residency related to the Real ID and/or driver's authorization card.
- The NM MVD now issues each duplicate as a Real ID or driving authorization card, so you must provide the same proofs as you would for a first-time license. Visit our guide to Applying for a New License for steps and details
- Pay a fee.
- Call ahead to confirm the fee amount.