Replacing a Lost CDL in New Mexico
For a nominal fee, you can get your new registration sticker with next day delivery. Learn more below.
Licensed by the
|Online Registration||Online Registration|
|Same Day Processing||Same Day Processing|
|E-copy of Registration||E-copy of Registration|
|Alternate Mailing Address||Alternate Mailing Address|
|Phone Support||Phone Support|
|$29 Convenience Fee||Learn more below|
Apply for your replacement commercial driver's license with the New Mexico Motor Vehicle Division (MVD); generally, you must apply in-person, but the MVD MIGHT make an exception for out-of-state commercial drivers.
The NM MVD recommends filing a police report for a lost CDL, and you MUST file a police report if you want a new license number assigned. DO NOT operate a commercial vehicle or truck until you get your replacement CDL.
Order a Duplicate CDL in NM
Apply for your replacement CDL in-person at your local NM MVD office. The process for applying for a replacement CDL isn't clear, so be sure to call ahead to make sure you have all the correct documents and fees.
In general, though, be prepared to:
- Complete any required application(s) for duplicates.
- Provide a police report if you believe your CDL was stolen.
- Provide all required proofs of identity and residency related to the Real ID and/or driver's authorization card.
- The NM MVD now issues each duplicate as a Real ID or driving authorization card, so you must provide the same proofs as you would for a first-time license. Visit our guide to Applying for a New License for steps and details
- Pay a fee.
- Call ahead to confirm the fee amount.