Replacing a Lost CDL in New Jersey

For a nominal fee, you can get your new registration sticker with next day delivery. Learn more below.

Licensed by the
California DMV
California DMV
Online Registration Online Registration
Same Day Processing Same Day Processing
E-copy of Registration E-copy of Registration
Alternate Mailing Address Alternate Mailing Address
Phone Support Phone Support
$29 Convenience Fee Learn more below

Start Your CaReg Expedited Registration Renewal

The New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission's (MVC) requires you to apply for your replacement commercial driver's license in person; you cannot get a duplicate CDL while you're out of state.

The NJ MVC suggests reporting your lost CDL to local and state law enforcement. Remember, you cannot legally operate any commercial vehicle or truck without a valid, properly endorsed CDL on you.

Apply for NJ Duplicate CDL

Apply for your replacement commercial driver's license in person at your local NJ MVC office. Be prepared to:

  • Complete an Application for Driver License (Form BA-208).
    • You'll receive this form at the office.
  • Provide the state's 6 point ID verification.
    • The NJ MVC assigns point numbers to each type of identification and residency proof; you must hit the 6 points requirement. Refer to the state's online document selector for assistance.
  • Pay the $11 fee.

NOTE: As a commercial driver, you MIGHT be required to provide CDL-specific documents such as your medical certification or waiver, or proofs of endorsement.


Replacing a Lost Commercial Learner Permit

If you have lost your commercial learner permit (CLP), you can replace it by visiting a MVC office and:

  • Passing the 6 point ID verification.
  • Paying the:
    • $11 duplicate CLP fee.
    • $3 duplicate examination test fee.

Out-of-State Replacement CDL

Out-of-state commercial drivers cannot order replacement CDLs by mail. If you are out of state and have lost your commercial driver's license, contact the MVC for further details specific to your situation.

Related Content

Provide Feedback BBB Business Review

Number of Organ Donors who registered through

Looking for Replacing a Lost CDL in Another State?