DMV Practice Tests in New Jersey
|Driver Permit Test Packages||Basic||Complete||Plus||Sample Test|
|Number of Questions||50||100||100||25|
|100% Online Practice Test||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|State Driver Preparation Course||x||x||✔||x|
|Start Test||Start Test||Start Test||Start Test|
Studying and taking practice tests is a major element in ensuring success on your New Jersey driver license knowledge test. Additionally, practice tests are available for those wishing to get a motorcycle license or commercial driver's license (CDL). Read below to learn about these various practice tests and their benefits.
No matter your age, if you are a new driver in New Jersey, you'll have to get a learner's or examination permit before you get your driver's license. To get your permit, you must pass a written test.
Taking practice tests will help make sure you know the information so you pass your examination and get on your way to getting your license!
Take a DMV Practice Test in New Jersey
Studying the driver's manual is a great way to prepare yourself for the New Jersey driver's knowledge test. Adding practice tests to your preparation process will increase your chances of passing the real test on your first try.
By taking practice tests you can:
- Familiarize yourself with the types of questions you will see on the written test.
- Review your answers and find areas you may need to improve upon.
- Gain the confidence you need to ace the exam.
Practice for the NJ Knowledge Test
Depending on your age, you must get either a learner's permit or an examination permit before getting your driver's license.
Both types of permits require you to pass the knowledge test.
This written exam consists of 50 questions that test your knowledge of New Jersey road rules and traffic laws. You must score 80% or higher to pass the test.
You can use the following practice tests to help you reach that passing score:
- Learner's Permit.
- Driver's License.
- Road Signs.
Other License Types
If you plan on obtaining a license other than the standard driver's license, you need to pass a written test specific to the license you desire.
The following types of practice tests can help get you ready for your written test:
- Motorcycle License – Available for those who wish to obtain a New Jersey motorcycle license.
- CDL – Geared toward prospective commercial drivers.
- CDL Endorsements – Specific to commercial drivers who need to add certain endorsements, such as a HAZMAT endorsement, to their CDL.
Check out these resources that can help boost your confidence even further as you prepare for the knowledge test:
- Driver Prep Course – This course takes everything you need to know for the knowledge test and packages it in a fun and easy to understand multimedia platform.
- DMV Study Guide – A concise and easy to browse outline of key points from the driver's manual. This valuable resource can be printed or viewed on your tablet or smartphone.
Sample New Jersey Written Test Questions
The following are samples of questions you might see on practice tests and the actual knowledge test:
What are signs of a drunk driver?
- Weaving in and out of lanes.
- Quick and sudden stops.
- Driving at erratic speeds.
- All of the above.
You must yield to an emergency vehicle:
- When you hear a siren and see flashing red or blue lights.
- When other vehicles yield.
You should slow down:
- At intersections and railroad crossings.
- When the road is slippery or wet.
- On narrow or winding roads.
- All of the above.
If you are like most people, you can't wait to get behind the wheel. Study and practice hard for the knowledge test and get one step closer to getting your NJ driver's license.