Scooters, Mopeds, Etc... in New Hampshire

For a nominal fee, you can get your new registration sticker with next day delivery. Learn more below.

Licensed by the
California DMV
California DMV
Online Registration Online Registration
Same Day Processing Same Day Processing
E-copy of Registration E-copy of Registration
Alternate Mailing Address Alternate Mailing Address
Phone Support Phone Support
$29 Convenience Fee Learn more below

Start Your CaReg Expedited Registration Renewal

Mopeds and scooters, the well-behaved stepchildren of motorcycles, will never be associated with words such as reckless, breakneck, or devil-may-care, but New Hampshire's New Hampshire Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) still requires these motorized bikes to be registered.

Is It a Scooter, Moped, or Motorcycle?

Before huffing into a registration office with pen and checkbook in hand you first need to determine if your bike classifies as a moped or scooter and not a motorcycle.

According to the DMV a moped or scooter must meet the following restrictions:

  • It must have an engine of 50 ccs (cubic centimeters) or less.
  • It cannot exceed 30 MPH on level terrain.
  • It cannot shift.
  • It cannot exceed 2 horsepower.

If it classifies as a moped or scooter you need to register it at a registration office. Otherwise, if it's a motorcycle, you must register it with your city or town clerk.

Registering Mopeds and Scooters

When registering bring a bill of sale and the bike's old registration form (if it's used), or the manufacturer's statement of origin (MSO) (if it's new).


It costs $3 to register a moped. BBB Business Review