DMV Practice Tests in Nebraska
Whenever you need to take a test, studying and practicing is your best way of ensuring a good grade. Learn what a practice test is, how they can help you pass the Nebraska written exam, and the types of practice tests offered in Nebraska.
What Is a Practice Test?
The information on a practice test is presented to you in written test format to help you prepare to take the Nebraska written exam.
The questions you'll find on these the practice tests offered by our certified partner have been created from material taken directly from the Nebraska Driver Handbook.
Why Take a Practice Test?
To prepare for the written exam, the Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles suggests studying the NE driver manual. However, it can be difficult to review key information and test yourself against the manual. Practice tests let you see what your test will be like and how well you know the information.
The practice tests offered for Nebraska feature two types of studying formats:
- Study Guide Mode. Study guide mode provides questions and gives immediate answers so you can learn as you go.
- Test Mode. Test mode generates a random test that is scored upon completion to give you the experience of the real exam.
Examples of Test Questions
As mentioned above, the questions you'll see on these tests are sourced directly from the Nebraska driver manual.
Here are a few examples:
Q. When are accidents more likely to occur?
A. When a vehicle is traveling faster or slower than the flow of traffic.
Q. What do orange-colored signs warn you of?
A. Road workers or road equipment ahead.
Q. What does a curb painted white mean?
A. Stop only long enough to pick up or drop off passengers or mail.
Available Types of NE Practice Tests
Every practice test offered by our certified partner is presented to you in an online format so you can study on your computer, smartphone or tablet.
The tests can also be printed and studied wherever you like.
Types of Practice Tests offered in Nebraska:
- Permit Practice Tests. Created for new drivers who want to apply for their Nebraska learner's permit. Question topics include traffic laws, road signs, and rules of the road.
- NOTE: If you completed a DMV-approved driver safety course, the DMV will waive your written and driving tests. Your course completion results will be electronically sent to the DMV.
- Driver's License Practice Tests. Created for drivers who do not need a permit and are seeking their NE driver's license. Drivers who need to take their exam again for some reason, such as a suspension, can use this course as a refresher.
- Motorcycle Practice Tests. Motorcycle practice tests are composed of questions about the rules of the road for those looking to obtain a Nebraska motorcycle license
- CDL Practice Tests. These CDL practice tests are composed of questions related to getting a Nebraska commercial driver's license.
- CDL Endorsement Practice Tests. These exams were created to help Nebraska drivers obtain certain endorsements for a commercial driver's license.
- Road Sign Practice Tests. These tests are designed to help a driver gain familiarity of signs they may see while on Nebraska roadways.
- Examen De Practica Para La Licencia(Practice Tests in Spanish). These driver's license practice tests are for residents in Nebraska who speak Spanish.
About the NE Written Exam
NOTE: If you have a valid driver's license from your previous state the DMV may waive the written and driving test, so be sure to bring it with you.
For more information, please refer to one of the following pages: