Scooters, Mopeds, Etc... in Nebraska


If you love feeling the wind whipping through your hair as you tootle around town, consider a moped or a motor scooter.

Not sure if what you own could be classified as a moped? If it:

  • Can be operated with either its 50 ccs or less motor OR with pedals (human power).
  • Maximum 2 brake horsepower.
  • Can't go faster than 30 MPH.

then it's a moped.

You don't have to title or register your moped.

Motor Scooters

Motor scooters (a Vespa, for example), are basically small motorcycles. If it:

  • Has tires bigger than 14 inches.
  • Has an engine of 45 ccs or more

treat it as a motorcycle for titling and registration purposes.

You'll also need a motorcycle license to drive a motor scooter.

Related Products and Services

DMV.ORG BBB Business Review