Online Services in Nebraska
Taking care of driving-related business doesn't need to mean a trip to the DMV. Before heading out the door, check out our list of Nebraska online driver and vehicle services.
Online Nebraska Vehicle Services
The NE Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) directly handles a variety of online vehicle services. We also connect you to third-party companies offering time-saving services, which the DMV may not provide.
Nebraska DMV Vehicle Services
You can use the NE Department of Motor Vehicles' online services to complete the following vehicle-related tasks:
- License plate and registration renewal.
- Vehicle sales tax estimator.
- Order vanity license plates.
- Vehicle title inquiries.
- Request handicap permits.
- Order commercial vehicle permits.
Vehicle Services from Private Vendors
- Finding car insurance.
- Choose an insurance provider with confidence by first comparing the rates and plans of all your different options.
- Selecting motorcycle insurance.
- Find the right insurance provider for your bike and budget, without having to pick up the phone or leave home.
- Order a vehicle history report (VHR).
- Extend your vehicle's warranty.
- You'll sleep better at night knowing your car's covered by an extended warranty after the original has expired.
NE License & Record Online Services
From ordering a new driver's license to requesting background checks, you can fulfill most of your NE license and record needs from the comfort of your home. Depending on the service and how soon you need results you may either choose to go directly through the state OR through a private vendor.
Nebraska DMV Online Services
Unless otherwise indicated, the Nebraska DMV's online services will assist you with requests for:
- Driver's license and I.D. card:
- New license status.
- License reinstatement:
- Fee payment.
- Change of address.
- Driving records.
- Title/lien records.
- Birth certificates (through the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services).
- Court records (through the Nebraska Judicial Branch).
Third Party Record & License Services
For quick and easy access to Nebraska license and record services, you might also consider going through a private vendor for things like:
- Official name changes.
- A private company will make sure your name's changed across several government agency databases.
- Driving records.
- Get the personal and professional driving records you need in a timely and customer-friendly manner.
- Court records.
- If you need to request court records, let a third party do the bureaucratic legwork for you.
- Vital records.
- A private company is your most valuable resource for requesting all types of vital records (birth, death, marriage, divorce).
- Background checks.
- Conducting background checks on potential employees will ensure you're making a safe decision for your business.
- Expedited passport.
- Taking a last minute trip out-of-country? Use the expedited services of a third-party vendor to get your passport in time for your travels.
- International Driver's Permit (IDP).
- An IDP translates your driver's license so that authorities in other countries can understand your driving credentials.
Nebraska Driver's Ed Services
From preparing for a permit test to taking points off your record, there are a smattering of convenient online driver's education services you can take advantage of.
The NE Department of Motor Vehicles offers practice tests for:
- Class O licenses.
- Commercial driver licenses.
Third-party vendors also offer beneficial online Driver's Ed products like:
- Driver's permit and license:
- Defensive driving and traffic school.
- Cheat sheets and practice tests for:
- Online driver license prep courses for:
NE Legal & Traffic Ticket Assistance
You can relieve yourself of some of the stress that comes with traffic tickets and legal issues by taking advantage of the online services offered by the state and private companies.
The Nebraska DMV now allows you to pay traffic tickets online, so you don't have to deal with checks and postage anymore.
A third party can assist you with:
- Finding a DUI lawyer.
- For your best chances in court, take the time to make sure you're hiring a DUI attorney who's best suited for your case and budget.
- Identity theft prevention.
- As technology continues to advance, your personal information becomes more vulnerable. Protect your identity and your future by investing in a trusted, private vendor offering an extensive identity theft prevention plan.
Miscellaneous Online Services in Nebraska
If you couldn't find what you needed above, don't give up! Check out the rest of the online services provided by the Nebraska DMV:
- Teen permit applications.
- Ignition interlock:
- Reserve a spot in line at your local DMV office.
- International Registration Plan (IRP) portal.
- International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) services.
- Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) system.