Scooters, Mopeds, Etc... in North Dakota
For a nominal fee, you can get your new registration sticker with next day delivery. Learn more below.
Licensed by the
|Online Registration||Online Registration|
|Same Day Processing||Same Day Processing|
|E-copy of Registration||E-copy of Registration|
|Alternate Mailing Address||Alternate Mailing Address|
|Phone Support||Phone Support|
|$29 Convenience Fee||Learn more below|
In case you are wondering (which you probably are since you came to this page), you must register your moped or scooters with the Department of Transportation (NDDOT) and purchase liability insurance.
Mopeds, or motorized bicycles, are defined as any bike with:
- 2 to 3 wheels.
- Footrests or foot pedals.
- A motor capable of achieving a maximum speed of 30 MPH on a level surface.
- An automatic drive system.
- A body that's no wider than 32 inches.
To register and title a new moped you must provide your local motor vehicle office with:
- A Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (MCO) which must describe the moped's engine size and maximum speed capacity.
- An odometer certification.
- Proof of insurance.
- Cash or check to pay a $25 registration fee and a 5% excise tax.
- Title fee of $5.
Contact the Motor Vehicle Division's main office at (701) 328-2725 for more information.
In order to operate a scooter or moped you must be at least 14 years old and possess one of the following:
- An operator's license
- A temporary permit
- An instruction permit
- A motorcycle permit
- A motorized bicycle permit
Other Miscellaneous Stuff
- If you are under 18 years old, you must wear a helmet.
- You must adhere to all traffic laws.