Commercial Driver FAQs in North Dakota
Pass Your CDL Written Exam with DMV Cheatsheets!
Get answers, save time and pass your CDL exam test the first time around. DMV Cheat Sheets advantages:
- Computer, tablet, or iPhone
- Study when and where you want
- 24/7 Online Access
- 100% money back guarantee
If I move to North Dakota, how many days do I have before my out-of-state CDL is deemed invalid?
You have 30 days to apply for a North Dakota CDL. If you don't, your out-of-state CDL will be considered illegal.
Are there CDL exemptions for North Dakota farmers driving farm equipment?
Yes, and they are:
- Any farmer driving a 2 axle, tandem axle, or truck-tractor farm vehicle for the purpose of moving farm machinery, produce or farm supplies within 150 miles of his or her farm does not need a CDL.
- Any farmer transporting hazardous material within 150 miles of his farm does not need a hazardous material endorsement.
With the allowed hours of service always changing how can I keep pace with what's legal?
Check with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration with their online overview.
How often do I need to get a medical examination?
You are required by law to be examined every 2 years.