Replacing a Lost CDL in Montana
Pass Your CDL Written Exam with DMV Cheatsheets!
Get answers, save time and pass your CDL exam test the first time around. DMV Cheat Sheets advantages:
- Use Your Computer, Tablet or Mobile Phone
- Study When and Where You Want
- 24/7 Online Access
- Simply print and pass or your money back guaranteed
Get Your Test Answers Now!
(406) 444-3244Apply for a replacement commercial driver's license with the Driver License Bureau of the Montana Motor Vehicle Division (MVD). Generally, you must apply in person, but if you're out of state the MVD can help you with the process depending on your situation.
You cannot legally operate a commercial truck or other commercial vehicle without a CDL that's both valid and properly endorsed. For your own safety, report your lost CDL to local and state law enforcement.
Apply for a MT Duplicate CDL
To replace your commercial driver's license in Montana, head to your local driver license exam station and be ready to:
- Complete any application(s) required for a replacement CDL.
- Provide all required documentation, including:
- Pay the replacement fee.
- You MIGHT have to pay additional fees based on your CDL type and endorsements. Call the Montana CDL Help Desk at (406) 444-3244 for information on fee amounts.
Out-of-State Commercial Drivers
If you're currently out of state, you MIGHT be able to order a duplicate CDL by mail; the MVD will determine your eligibility.
Contact the MVD for details and instructions.
- The CDL Help Desk is at (406) 444-3244.
Renewing vs. Replacing Your CDL
Sometimes, the MVD will renew a lost driver's license rather than issue a replacement under certain circumstances.
As a commercial driver, you MIGHT have the option to renew your CDL, too. Contact your driver license exam station for details, or call the CDL Help Desk at (406) 444-3244.