DMV Practice Tests in Montana
|Driver Permit Test Packages||Basic||Complete||Plus||Sample Test|
|Package Price||$9.99||$14.99||$24.99||Free with
|Number of Questions||50||100||100||25|
|100% Online Practice Test||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|State Specific Questions||✔||✔||✔||x|
|State Driver Preparation Course||x||x||✔||x|
|Start Test||Start Test||Start Test||Register|
DMV Cheat Sheet - Time Saver
Passing the written exam has never been easier, thanks to DMV Cheat Sheets. It's like having the answers before you take the test.
- Computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Just print and go to the DMV
- Driver's License, Motorcycle, and CDL
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
Purchase a DMV Written Test Cheat Sheet
Taking practice tests is the best way to ensure you're prepared for your written exam. Here you'll get an introduction to practice tests, learn the benefits of taking one, and discover the different types of practice tests that are available in the state of Montana.
What Is a Practice Test?
You can think of online practice tests as modern study guides.
The information is presented in a written test format to help you prepare to take the Montana written exam. The questions you'll find on these industry-leading practice tests are akin to the questions you'll face when you take your written exam.
Why Take a MT Practice Test?
If you want to prepare for the written exam, the Montana Motor Vehicle Division suggests studying the driver manual. Although it's a good suggestion, not everyone has the time to read the entire manual.
A less time-consuming option is to prepare with a practice test offered by our certified partner. These tests are designed to help you learn the information faster and retain it longer.
The practice tests offered for Montana feature two types of study formats:
- Study Guide Mode. In this mode you'll randomly be asked 5 questions at a time until you answer them all. The correct answers to each set of 5 question will be immediately available for review.
- Test Mode. In this mode, a random test of 25 to 50 questions will be generated for you to answer. Your progress will be tallied once you complete all the questions on the exam.
What Types of Practice Tests Are Offered?
Each practice test is available in an online format so you can study them on your computer, smartphone, or tablet. They can also be printed and studied wherever you like, even in line at the MVD. You'll have the choice between either the 50-question practice test, or you can opt for a 100-question test for additional preparation.
See below for the varied types of practice tests available in Montana.
- Permit Practice Tests. These exams were created for new drivers seeking to apply for their Montana learner's permit.
- Question topics include traffic laws, road signs and rules of the road.
- Driver's License Practice Tests. These exams are geared toward adult drivers who have not previously held a driver's license (or who have to retake their exam for any reason, e.g., if getting a license reinstated after a suspension).
- Motorcycle Practice Tests. Motorcycle practice tests feature questions about the rules of the road for those hoping to obtain a Montana motorcycle license.
- CDL Practice Tests. These CDL practice tests feature questions related to getting a Montana commercial driver's license.
- CDL Endorsement Practice Tests. These CDL practice tests were developed to help Montana drivers obtain specific endorsements for their commercial driver's license. Those who drive commercial vehicles for their jobs will typically need one of these endorsements.
- Road Sign Practice Tests. Road Sign practice tests are designed to help drivers become familiar with the various road signs they may encounter while on Montana roadways.
- Examen De Practica Para La Licencia (Practice Tests in Spanish). These tests are for residents in Montana who speak Spanish.
If you prefer to supplement your studies with additional resources, check out one or both of the following:
- Driver Prep Courses. These multimedia courses will teach you everything you need to know to take your written test in an engaging and interactive format.
- Study Guides. These printable guides allow to study from wherever you are, even in line at the DMV!
About the Written Exam
Once you're able to master your practice test and/or the driver manual, it's time to head to the MVD to take the written test. It's always a good idea make an appointment. You can use our Montana MVD Office Finder to find your nearest location.
NOTE: If you hold a valid driver's license from another state the MVD may waive the written test, so be sure to bring it with you.