Online Services in Montana
If you live in Big Sky Country, you probably prefer spending time in the great outdoors over spending time at your local motor vehicle agency. Fortunately, online services can spare you a trip to the MVD and time spent cooped up indoors. Read on for a list of online driver and vehicle services you can enjoy in Montana.
Online Vehicle Services in Montana
Online vehicle services are usually handled by the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) of Montana's Department of Justice (DOJ). However, you also have the option of going through private vendors for vehicle-related services, which might not be offered by the MVD.
Montana MVD Online Vehicle Services
Unless indicated otherwise, the MT Motor Vehicle Division provides the following online vehicle services:
- Vehicle registration renewal.
- Vehicle history reports (VHRs).
- Temporary registration permits (for new vehicles).
- Commercial vehicle permits through the MT Department of Transportation.
Third-Party Vehicle Services
You can use a private company to assist you with the following vehicle-related tasks:
- Selecting motorcycle insurance.
- Compare providers and choose an insurance plan that's best for your bike and budget.
- Choosing auto insurance.
- You'll make the wisest decision by comparing all of the available rates and plans of insurance providers in your area.
- Ordering a VIN check.
- Extending your vehicle's warranty.
- Save yourself some worrying by investing in an extended warranty for your vehicle.
MT License & Record Online Assistance
Thanks to the convenience of online services, requesting public records and assistance with your license has never been easier. Depending on which services you need and how fast you need results, you may either choose to use the state or a private vendor for your MT license and record-related needs.
Montana State Agency Online Services
Montana online record and license services along with the facilitating state agencies are as follows:
- Request driving records through the MVD.
- Order criminal background checks through the Division of Criminal Investigation.
- Search Supreme Court records through the Clerk of the Montana Supreme Court.
- Order birth and death certificates through the MT Department of Public Health and Human Services.
- Register to become an organ donor through the Governor's Office of Community Service.
Private Company Record and License Services
Take advantage of the following time-saving and customer-friendly services offered by trusted third-party vendors:
- Name change.
- A third-party company can ensure your official name change request is recognized by several government agencies.
- Order driving records.
- Go through a private vendor for quick and easy access to personal and professional driving records.
- Conduct background checks.
- Protect your company and personal well-being by first conducting background checks on people you're thinking about hiring.
- Search vital records.
- A third-party company will be the ideal resource for requesting all types of Montana vital records (birth, death, marriage, divorce).
- Request court records.
- Don't get caught up in the tedium of state agency processes. Instead, use a private vendor to request information about past MT court cases.
- Rushed passport.
- You can rely on a third party to deliver your passport in time for any last-minute, out-of-country travel plans.
- International Driver Permit (IDP).
- If you're going to drive abroad, make sure you have an IDP, which translates your driver's license into terms foreign authorities can understand.
Montana Driver's Education Online
While preparing for any kind of license test, it's always helpful to have a wide selection of Driver's Ed options. For your benefit, several private vendors offer Montana driver education products, including:
- Boater education classes.
- Driver's license and permit:
- Online MT driver license prep courses for:
- Practice tests and study guides for:
MT Legal & Traffic Ticket Services
Wouldn't you like to take some of the hardship out of dealing with Montana legal issues and traffic tickets? Thanks to the convenience of online services, now you can.
The Montana Judicial Branch allows you to pay traffic tickets and court fines from the comfort of your own home.
A private vendor can help you with things like:
- Hiring a DUI attorney.
- While fighting DUI charges, it's crucial to have a knowledgeable, trustworthy, and affordable attorney at your side.
- Protecting your identity.
- Secure a profitable and stress-free future by investing in a comprehensive identity theft prevention program.
Miscellaneous Online Services in Montana
Finally, you can go through the state for the miscellaneous online services listed below:
- Schedule an appointment at the MVD.
- Check your voter information and registration status through the MT Secretary of State.
- Look up traffic incidents through the Montana DOJ.