DOJ Forms in Montana
Montana's Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) makes several driver- and vehicle-related forms easily available online. You can download most forms below using Adobe Reader.
Remember, you might need to visit our pages with MT driver handbooks and motorcycle manuals to find what you need, or go to your country treasurer's office, as some forms are only available in person.
If you need help completing or finding the right form, call the MVD at (406) 444-3933.
Most Requested Forms
- Application for Certificate of Title for a Motor Vehicle
- Apply for a new vehicle title with the Montana Motor Vehicle Division.
- Application for a Social Security Card
- Apply for a new, duplicate, OR corrected Social Security card.
- Change of Driver License Address Electronic Record
- Notify the MVD of a change of address to be reflected in the MVD's electronic records. Form CANNOT be used to request an update to the address on your physical Montana driver's license/ID card—such requests must be made in person at a MVD driver licensing office.
Driver's License & ID Forms
- Application for Replacement Driver License By Mail
- Request a replacement MT driver's license from the Motor Vehicle Division. Can also be used to register to vote OR update your voting information.
- Graduated Driver Licensing Parent/Legal Guardian Certification
- The legal guardian of a minor applying for a MT driver's license must sign this form certifying the minor has completed the requirements necessary to upgrade their instruction permit, traffic education permit, or traffic education learner license
- Report of Eye Examination
- If required by the MVD, complete an eye examination and have this form filled out by a certified eye specialist.
Title & Registration Forms
- Application for Break/Bond Title
- Use this MVD form to apply for a Montana title for a vehicle without a title.
- Application for Certificate of Title for a Vessel
- Apply for a MT MVD vessel title.
- Application for Personalized License Plates
- Apply for specialty AND/OR vanity license plates with the MT Motor Vehicle Division
- Application for Registration of a Vintage or Pioneer Vehicle
- Register a pioneer OR vintage vehicle with the Montana MVD.
- Application for Replacement Certificate of Title
- Request a duplicate Montana vehicle title from the MVD.
- Application for Salvage Certificate of a Vehicle
- Apply for a salvage vehicle title with the MT MVD.
- Application to Display Original Montana License Plates
- Request to display original (i.e. vintage) Montana license plates on your vehicle, as long as the plate number isn't already in use on another vehicle.
- Fact Sheet
- Submit this form to the Motor Vehicle Division when registering a street rod, specially-constructed vehicle, or custom vehicle in Montana.
- Inspection Checklist for Motorcycles and Quadricycles
- Complete a vehicle inspection and this corresponding checklist when registering a motorcycle OR quadricycle with the Montana Motor Vehicle Division.
- Power of Attorney
- Grant another person power of attorney in matters concerning your vehicle's title and registration (including transfer of ownership). Must be notarized.
- Release of Security Interest or Lien
- Notify the Montana MVD that a lien has been satisfied and should be removed from a vehicle title.
- Vehicle Identification Number Inspection Certificate
- If required, submit this vehicle/vessel/off-highway vehicle identification number inspection form to the Montana MVD for title and registration purposes. Must be completed by a certified inspector.
- Waiver of $6 for Use of Montana State Parks and Fishing Access Sites
- Request to waive the registration fee associated with using Montana's state parks and fishing access sites if you don't plan on taking your registered vehicle to those locations.
Buying & Selling Forms
- Bill of Sale Form
- Use this Bill of Sale as a record of purchase when transferring ownership of a vehicle in Montana.
- CDL Military Even Exchange
- CDL Military Even Exchange
- If you recently drove a commercial vehicle in the military, use this form to request a CDL skills test waiver from the MT MVD. Commanding officer must sign.
- Mail Renewal Application for Commercial Driver License
- Renew your commercial driver's license license by mail if you're a Montana resident currently living out-of-state.
- Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination
- Applicants for a Montana CDL must undergo a medical exam and submit this report to the MVD. Report must be completed by a doctor.
- Medical Examiners Certificate
- Specific types of CDL holders must complete and carry this medical certificate, depending on the type of commercial driving they plan to do. Certificate must be completed by a medical professional.
- Application for Gold Star Family License Plate
- Apply for Gold Star license plates with the Montana MVD if you're related to someone who served in the military and is now deceased.
- Application for Military Registration
- Register your vehicle in Montana without paying registration fees if you're an active member of the military currently stationed out-of-state. Must be notarized.
- Application to Add Veteran Designation to Driver License or ID Card
- Use this form to add a veteran designation to your Montana driver's license or state identification card. Can also be used to update your voter information OR register to vote.
Voter Registration Forms
- Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request Federal Post Card Application
- Register to vote AND/OR request an absentee voting ballot if you're a United States citizen currently residing outside the country.