DOJ Forms in Montana

Montana's Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) makes several driver- and vehicle-related forms easily available online. You can download most forms below using Adobe Reader.

Remember, you might need to visit our pages with MT driver handbooks and motorcycle manuals to find what you need, or go to your country treasurer's office, as some forms are only available in person.

If you need help completing or finding the right form, call the MVD at (406) 444-3933.

Most Requested Forms

MV1 Application for Certificate of Title for a Motor Vehicle

Apply for a new vehicle title with the Montana Motor Vehicle Division.

Download Open the form
SS-5 Application for a Social Security Card

Apply for a new, duplicate, OR corrected Social Security card.

Download Open the form
34-0300 Change of Driver License Address Electronic Record

Notify the MVD of a change of address to be reflected in the MVD's electronic records. Form CANNOT be used to request an update to the address on your physical Montana driver's license/ID card—such requests must be made in person at a MVD driver licensing office.

Download Open the form

Driver's License & ID Forms

21-2000 Application for Replacement Driver License By Mail

Request a replacement MT driver's license from the Motor Vehicle Division. Can also be used to register to vote OR update your voting information.

Download Open the form
21-1600 Graduated Driver Licensing Parent/Legal Guardian Certification

The legal guardian of a minor applying for a MT driver's license must sign this form certifying the minor has completed the requirements necessary to upgrade their instruction permit, traffic education permit, or traffic education learner license

Download Open the form
22-1801 Report of Eye Examination

If required by the MVD, complete an eye examination and have this form filled out by a certified eye specialist.

Download Open the form

Title & Registration Forms

MV10 Application for Break/Bond Title

Use this MVD form to apply for a Montana title for a vehicle without a title.

Download Open the form
MV1A Application for Certificate of Title for a Vessel

Apply for a MT MVD vessel title.

Download Open the form
MV8 Application for Personalized License Plates

Apply for specialty AND/OR vanity license plates with the MT Motor Vehicle Division

Download Open the form
MV3 Application for Registration of a Vintage or Pioneer Vehicle

Register a pioneer OR vintage vehicle with the Montana MVD.

Download Open the form
MV7 Application for Replacement Certificate of Title

Request a duplicate Montana vehicle title from the MVD.

Download Open the form
MV206 Application for Salvage Certificate of a Vehicle

Apply for a salvage vehicle title with the MT MVD.

Download Open the form
MV97 Application to Display Original Montana License Plates

Request to display original (i.e. vintage) Montana license plates on your vehicle, as long as the plate number isn't already in use on another vehicle.

Download Open the form
MV121 Fact Sheet

Submit this form to the Motor Vehicle Division when registering a street rod, specially-constructed vehicle, or custom vehicle in Montana.

Download Open the form
MV70 Inspection Checklist for Motorcycles and Quadricycles

Complete a vehicle inspection and this corresponding checklist when registering a motorcycle OR quadricycle with the Montana Motor Vehicle Division.

Download Open the form
MV65 Power of Attorney

Grant another person power of attorney in matters concerning your vehicle's title and registration (including transfer of ownership). Must be notarized.

Download Open the form
MV37A Release of Security Interest or Lien

Notify the Montana MVD that a lien has been satisfied and should be removed from a vehicle title.

Download Open the form
MV20 Vehicle Identification Number Inspection Certificate

If required, submit this vehicle/vessel/off-highway vehicle identification number inspection form to the Montana MVD for title and registration purposes. Must be completed by a certified inspector.

Download Open the form
MV119 Waiver of $6 for Use of Montana State Parks and Fishing Access Sites

Request to waive the registration fee associated with using Montana's state parks and fishing access sites if you don't plan on taking your registered vehicle to those locations.

Download Open the form

Buying & Selling Forms

MV24 Bill of Sale Form

Use this Bill of Sale as a record of purchase when transferring ownership of a vehicle in Montana.

Download Open the form

Commercial Forms

CDL-SK TST WVR Application for Military Skills Test Waiver

If you recently drove a commercial vehicle in the military, use this form to request a CDL skills test waiver from the MT MVD. Commanding officer must sign.

Download Open the form
21-1900A-CDL Mail Renewal Application for Commercial Driver License

Renew your commercial driver's license license by mail if you're a Montana resident currently living out-of-state.

Download Open the form
649-F Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination

Applicants for a Montana CDL must undergo a medical exam and submit this report to the MVD. Report must be completed by a doctor.

Download Open the form
MCSA-5876 Medical Examiners Certificate

Specific types of CDL holders must complete and carry this medical certificate, depending on the type of commercial driving they plan to do. Certificate must be completed by a medical professional.

Download Open the form

Military Forms

MV57 Application for Gold Star Family License Plate

Apply for Gold Star license plates with the Montana MVD if you're related to someone who served in the military and is now deceased.

Download Open the form
MV53 Application for Military Registration

Register your vehicle in Montana without paying registration fees if you're an active member of the military currently stationed out-of-state. Must be notarized.

Download Open the form
21-3000 Application to Add Veteran Designation to Driver License or ID Card

Use this form to add a veteran designation to your Montana driver's license or state identification card. Can also be used to update your voter information OR register to vote.

Download Open the form

Voter Registration Forms

76 Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request Federal Post Card Application

Register to vote AND/OR request an absentee voting ballot if you're a United States citizen currently residing outside the country.

Download Open the form

Related Products and Services

DMV.ORG BBB Business Review