Replacing a Lost CDL in Mississippi

For a nominal fee, you can get your new registration sticker with next day delivery. Learn more below.

Licensed by the
California DMV
California DMV
Online Registration Online Registration
Same Day Processing Same Day Processing
E-copy of Registration E-copy of Registration
Alternate Mailing Address Alternate Mailing Address
Phone Support Phone Support
$29 Convenience Fee Learn more below

Start Your CaReg Expedited Registration Renewal

Typically, you must apply for a duplicate commercial driver's license in person with the Mississippi Department of Public Safety (DPS); however, depending on your situation you MIGHT be able to apply online or using one of the state's self-serve kiosks.

For identity protection purposes, consider reporting your lost CDL to local and state authorities; also, remember it's illegal to operate any commercial vehicle without a valid CDL on you.

Apply for a Replacement CDL in MS

The Mississippi Department of Public Safety (DPS) can issue you a replacement CDL in person.

Head to your local DPS office and:

  • Complete any application(s) required for a duplicate CDL.
  • Provide:
    • 2 documents proving identification.
      • You can provide 2 documents from the primary list OR 1 document from the primary list and 1 document from the secondary list.
    • Proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful presence.
    • Any required CDL-specific documents.
      • These could include your medical certificate or proof(s) of endorsement(s).
  • Pay the $11 fee.

NOTE: If you're currently out of state, contact the DPS for instructions on how to replace your lost CDL.


Online & Kiosk CDL Replacements

The MS DPS also provides an online system and self-serve kiosks to order replacement CDLs; these options MIGHT be available to you as a commercial driver.

  • Online: Visit the state's online ordering system.
    • If you don't have a valid photo, the MS DPS will notify you to visit a DPS office to have your photo taken.
  • Kiosks: Various self-serve kiosks are located throughout the state.
    • You CANNOT use a kiosk if:
      • You have any unpaid tickets.
      • There are any changes to your license (such as a name or address change).

Related Content

Provide Feedback BBB Business Review

Number of Organ Donors who registered through

Looking for Replacing a Lost CDL in Another State?