The Mississippi Department of Revenue (DOR) and Department of Public Safety (DPS) both offer a variety of vehicle and driver forms online, respectively. You can download PDF versions of these forms below, by using the free Adobe Reader.
Remember, some forms may only be available in person at your local tax collector's or DPS office. Also, be sure to consult our MS driver and motorcycle manuals.
If you need further assistance finding or filling out a form, you can contact the:
- Department of Revenue for vehicle-related inquiries at (601) 923-7100.
- Department of Public Safety for driver's license and ID questions at (601) 987-1212.
Most Requested Forms
- 17 and Older Regular Application
- Application for a Mississippi driver's license if you're 17 years old or older.
- Application for Mississippi Drivers License
- Use this form to apply for a Mississippi driver's license if you're 15-16 years old. MUST be signed by your parents or legal guardian
- Application for a Social Security Card
- Apply for a new, corrected, OR replacement Social Security card.
Driver's License & ID Forms
- DE 16A
- Certification of Diabetes
- Submit to the Department of Public Safety when applying for a special MS driver's license or ID card indicating your diabetic condition. Must be completed by a doctor.
Title & Registration Forms
- Affidavit For Repossessed Motor Vehicle
- MS Department of Revenue affidavit to repossess a car with a lien that hasn't been satisfied. Must be notarized.
- Affidavit For Support of Credit (Application for Replacement Tag and/or Decal)
- Request replacement Mississippi registration tags and/or decals OR credit for tags/decals on a vehicle you no longer own. Must be notarized.
- Affidavit of Ownership of Motor Vehicle for Which Application for Title Under Bond or Cash
- Submit to the DOR to prove ownership of a vehicle when applying for an MS title if the car's original title is not available. Must be notarized.
- Application for Inspection of a Salvage/Rebuilt Vehicle
- To apply for a rebuilt Mississippi title, you must submit this vehicle inspection form to the Department of Revenue. Must be completed by a certified salvage inspector.
- Assignment of Lien
- Record OR transfer a lien on a Mississippi vehicle title.
- Certificate of Title Bond
- Submit this completed bond form to the DOR to title a vehicle with an attached security interest.
- Completion of Vehicle Inspection
- You'll receive this form after your vehicle passes Mississippi's required salvage vehicle inspection for rebuilt titles. Form not available online. Must be obtained from a certified inspector.
- Fast Track Replacement Title Application
- Request an expedited replacement Mississippi vehicle title from the Department of Revenue.
- REV 2016
- Motor Boat Registration Application
- Apply for an original, transferred, renewed, OR duplicate MS vessel registration.
- Replacement Certificate of Title
- Request a duplicate Mississippi vehicle title from the Department of Revenue.
Buying & Selling Forms
- Affidavit of Sale Under Lien
- Complete this affidavit if transferring ownership of a vehicle with a foreclosed lien in Mississippi. Must be notarized.
- Odometer Disclosure Statement
- Use this form to state the mileage on a vehicle you're selling in Mississippi.
- Power of Attorney to Transfer Motor Vehicle
- Use this DOR form to assign someone else power of attorney to transfer ownership of your vehicle. Requires notarization.
- Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination
- As part of applying for a MS commercial driver's license, submit this completed medical fitness report to the DPS. Form must be filled out by a doctor.
- Medical Examiners Certificate
- Certain types of Mississippi CDLs require that the driver complete and carry this medical certificate. Certificate must be completed by a physician
- Disabled Parking Application
- pply for a permanent OR temporary MS disabled parking placard OR license plate tag with the DOR. Must be completed by a physician.
Voter Registration Forms
- Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request Federal Post Card Application
- If you're a U.S. citizen living out of your voting jurisdiction, use this form to register to vote AND/OR request an absentee ballot.